What did you do to your NBS GMT800 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ScottyBoy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks, how about the rear audio/radio controls ? They seem inactive except the Power button.
On my 2001, I have the rear audio controls. They haven't worked ever since l swapped out the stock head unit years ago. If i remember correctly, the rear audio controls only controlled the headphone jack on the audio panel. When activated, the rear speakers are muted/disabled, and the selected audio source is played through the headphone jack. Not sure if they ALL work like that or not. But my truck came with the mid grade stereo system. Its the amplified system with a factory rear subwoofer, but its NOT the BOSE system. However, when AM/FM was selected, it DID override the dash radio. I suspect its because the radio actually had to be on to supply radio audio to the rear headphone jacks. When Cd/Cassette/Auxiliary was selected, the in dash head unit stayed on whatever it was already playing, and was unaffected. For instance, if I had the radio playing an FM station and a rear passenger selected CD, the CD would play ONLY through the rear headphone jacks, and the FM radio would continue playing up front. (On the two front door speakers only). But if I was listening to a CD, and the rear passenger selected FM radio, then my in dash radio would switch over to radio. The kids used to piss me off with that all the time.

Kman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Was driving to work and I heard a loud pop from the driver side rear window when I went to roll it up. Window was stuck an inch down. Replaced the window motor and actuator. Did it myself, after watching some videos online. Took me 2 hours but I was going slow. Window works again. Used Dorman part 748-228. It’s slightly slower than stock but I’m happy I saved money doing it myself.

Attachments

• IMG_3743.jpeg
    IMG_3743.jpeg
    475 KB · Views: 2

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dwl601