What did you do to your NBS GMT800 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HiMileage

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Installed Magnaflow 12590 muffler & 35116 4" x 12" SS tip. Sounds AWESOME! Deep tone, good rumble at startup, not too loud. Wife likes it too. Bonus

Riff Raff

Full Access Member
Reaction score
new fuel filter

old one i couldnt even blow threw it

when i tried for the 3rd time bunch of black shit came out

was having problems starting my tahoe
and the fuel gauge going to E with a full tank

seems to be all better now

OHSIXX

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Victor-love the smooth caps.....

Ordered a couple goodies-should be here by week's end--hopefully..........;)

chauncey0337

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Was going to take off my new hood until I could get it painted but couldn't get any help so I'll leave it on for now. It actually doesn't look that bad in black.

Also got some estimates to get it painted. They said to do it right, the fenders would have to be blended in and all old paint would have to be stripped. $990- $1100:shocked:. This includes painting underside too. Maybe I should leave it black, lol.

Tahoewhat

Ballin' on a Budget
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Also got some estimates to get it painted. They said to do it right, the fenders would have to be blended in and all old paint would have to be stripped. $990- $1100:shocked:. This includes painting underside too. Maybe I should leave it black, lol.

What!!!!!! $1000 to paint the hood and blend. There is no R & I on the fenders nor the hood. Its just scuff and paint. My hood has been egged (prev. owner that had hood) and has chips, etc,. has to be completely stripped down and painted, i was quoted $400 for that and thats alot more than just sanding yours down and painting it. ( not sure if you know or not, so not trying to say something bad, just giving my adivse, from working at body shops for around 15yrs. But blending is just clear coat. They are going to sand the hood down, then sand the fenders, then paint the hood and paint the top of the fenders to match the hood, the rest of the fender, down, will be cleared. Then the whole front will be cleared. If they paint the whole fender, then it wont match the doors, then the process is continued, oh we have to blend the doors now, and so on. Painting is all a mind trick for people. When matching things they look at what will the customer look at, hood, you will compare it to the top of the fenders, (all you see)

So if it was me, make sure they have a really good painter and he should be able to match it very well so that you wont have to touch the fenders and will save $$$.. Painter at my prev. b.s. could do that. He painted the 1st viper concept car.

( ok, sorry so long, if i can help out on something i know, i try) Feel free to pm me, if you like.

ON TOPIC----

Washed all the pollen off my tahoe, its now black again instead of yellow. Just in time for it to rain all week again. At least it will be looking good wet. lol

Mike1980B

Reaction score
Vacuumed it, and started de-badging it. got the badges and adhesive off the barn doors, today ill get the others off, then wash it and maybe wax it! its gonna be a beautiful day with 60+ degrees

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MRBJU52

Latest posts