What did you do to your NBS GMT800 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DenaliAK

Colder than you
Reaction score
I'll admit, I do like the amber strips as turn signals. I've thought about something like that myself. The corner LED's, the Audi-type strip and the halos are all aesthetic and just not my style. Not knocking it, I just wouldn't do it.

Lights, especially the unnecessary ones, are totally subjective; some people will think they look cool and some won't.

Glad you like how they came out, though! Now just retro a real HID projector in there.....

Biggmann

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here's my finished front end lighting redo! Lot's of people were asking for pics, so here you go!

• White LED Daytime Running Lights (Audi Style)
    Amber LED Turn Signals
    High Intensity Discharge Xenon Headlights (5000k, 35w)
    Aftermarket projector Halo headlights

I like the halo projector and xenon headlights and fogs, not feeling the Audi style LED strip but what matters is you like it!... NICE JOB SIR! :Handshake:

kmann1994

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I like the halo projector and xenon headlights and fogs, not feeling the Audi style LED strip but what matters is you like it!... NICE JOB SIR! :Handshake:

Thank you my man!! I should post some engine pics too, I've got that thing looking as clean as if it were right off the assembly line!!

---------- Post added at 09:27 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:25 AM ----------

I'll admit, I do like the amber strips as turn signals. I've thought about something like that myself. The corner LED's, the Audi-type strip and the halos are all aesthetic and just not my style. Not knocking it, I just wouldn't do it.

Lights, especially the unnecessary ones, are totally subjective; some people will think they look cool and some won't.

Glad you like how they came out, though! Now just retro a real HID projector in there.....

Well these current headlights are projector! Haha and the light output with those new HIDs I've got in there is simply stellar.

DenaliAK

Colder than you
Reaction score
They're not an HID projector.

There is a big difference between some aftermarket light that has a cheap plastic projector and a real, OEM HID projector with chromed bowls and optically focused glass lenses.

2012-03-31_23-09-43_HDR-1.jpg

Last edited:

2000YukonSLE

Reaction score
today im having a new AC compressor installed. I live in PA and its 90 degrees today WTF!!!??! Oh, and washed it this morning, not that it matters thnx to the pollen

OHSIXX

Supporting Member
Reaction score
i was talking about it in the chat box, but i was going onto the freeway, heavy down pour, hit the gas a bit quick coming out of the turn on the ramp and just hydroplaned and spun

i had my belt on and so did my passenger

a month and a half or two ago i ended up on black ice and went into a tree with my 96, didnt have the belt on then, but was lucky enough to not get hurt at all

i'm getting ******* sick of wisconsin weather, but i at the same time its my driving habits

ended up with a ticket for speeds too fast and a call to the insurance company

THat Sux.Glad you are OK tho. Here is a novel idea-slow down in the rain. Living in WI you should be a better driver than the average person since we deal with all kinds of conditions throughout the year. I'm guessin' not only your driving habits but your age plays a role in your decision making.....

Hopefully she gets fixed quickly.......

kmann1994

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
They're not an HID projector.

There is a big difference between some aftermarket light that has a cheap plastic projector and a real, OEM HID projector with chromed bowls and optically focused glass lenses.

2012-03-31_23-09-43_HDR-1.jpg

That's how mine look. Cutoff line EXACTLY like that. They are super bright, even though they probably arent glass

alc5m

Full Access Member
Reaction score
THat Sux.Glad you are OK tho. Here is a novel idea-slow down in the rain. Living in WI you should be a better driver than the average person since we deal with all kinds of conditions throughout the year. I'm guessin' not only your driving habits but your age plays a role in your decision making.....

Hopefully she gets fixed quickly.......

age wasnt so much as driving habits, and not being used to the way this truck drives, never had this one in any real bad weather, wasnt expecting the rear end to just catch like it did, its such a different reaction compared to what the 96 would have done

but its a turn i've taken a thousand times, and i just made the mistake of hitting the gas harder than i should have, kicked the rear out and spun, none of it was like trying to drift or anything, believe me i dont do that, i may have when i was 16, but not now

and my driving habits are generally quick speed and lane change type stuff, just wasnt expecting it to happen like it did

edit: about 8500$ repairs is the estimate, and thats before a shop looks to see about frame damage

Last edited:

DenaliAK

Colder than you
Reaction score
That's how mine look. Cutoff line EXACTLY like that. They are super bright, even though they probably arent glass

Cool. You got lucky, then. Most aftermarket projectors completely suck.

But, once again, it's your ride, and I'm glad you like the way the lights came out! There was a time when I wanted the halos, but then everyone started getting them. Guess I'm different in that I like it simple best.

blrmkrl83

Reaction score
It wasn't today, but yesterday. I hope that still counts. I traded my 05 Denali XL in. It had 147,000 on it and needed a lot of work. I jumped ship and bought a new Ram 1500 Quad Cab Outdoorsman. I"m 42 and this is my first vehicle that isn't a GM. I still can't believe I bought a Mopar, but it is a damn nice truck.
2012-04-16_12-55-04_280.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MRBJU52

Latest posts