What did you do to your NNBS GMT900 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
well **** apparently when I had the transmission worked on they wrote some files to the bcm which was programmed with a hypertech so it over-wrote "some" of the hypertech files so now I can't restore it to stock from the hypertech, so I wonder if I can just re-program the bcm with the tech2 ? @Rocket Man did the tech2 allow you just re-write the existing bcm?

wsteele

Full Access Member
Reaction score
well **** apparently when I had the transmission worked on they wrote some files to the bcm which was programmed with a hypertech so it over-wrote "some" of the hypertech files so now I can't restore it to stock from the hypertech, so I wonder if I can just re-program the bcm with the tech2 ? @Rocket Man did the tech2 allow you just re-write the existing bcm?

I worry about that with my Diablo Predator. If someone working on the truck flashes the PCM, the Predator is bricked. I have read Diablo can restore it for a fee, hope I don't find out what that costs. :(

Maybe the Hypertech guys can restore it to factory, be great CS is they did.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I worry about that with my Diablo Predator. If someone working on the truck flashes the PCM, the Predator is bricked. I have read Diablo can restore it for a fee, hope I don't find out what that costs. :(

ya I called them a couple times all they can do is reset the hypertech to un-marry it and put it back to new condition, this will not allow me to restore the stock file back to the vehicle. I already sent them the requested info and there is no fee, they just want proof work was done and it was over-written. then I proceeded to figure out my dam password to acdelco tds which wants a ******* blood sample for a password got that all reset and my vin is still paid till 9/21 so now to try and dick around with that.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I didn’t try the existing, I bought a new bcm and flashed it to my VIN. (Which has now been overwritten by a bcm tune from BT Dieselworks.) IIRC it won’t write over the same file so when it checks the software version it won’t program if you’re trying to flash with the same version. A new BCM isn’t that much though.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Make sure if you have anyone working on your truck that they’re made aware of any custom tunes on any of the modules.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
ya I called them a couple times all they can do is reset the hypertech to un-marry it and put it back to new condition, this will not allow me to restore the stock file back to the vehicle. I already sent them the requested info and there is no fee, they just want proof work was done and it was over-written. then I proceeded to figure out my dam password to acdelco tds which wants a ******* blood sample for a password got that all reset and my vin is still paid till 9/21 so now to try and dick around with that.
Yeah the password requirements for that is crazy!

Geotrash

Dave
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’ve been places in my 02 AWD Denali that surprised some of the people up there in their trail rigs. A lot of it is knowing how to drive in those conditions. When I was young we would drive 2WD vehicles like a 1964 Dodge van up mountains in the Cascades, sometimes had to have a few friends on the back bumper jumping up and down. So many people go all out on their rigs and can’t drive so they still get stuck.
Yup. Just after college I spent 5 years working on drilling rigs in Montana, Wyoming and North Dakota. I had a little '82 Toyota Celica (RWD with the 22R engine) with tire chains. I had more than one roughneck tell me he was blown away that I got that little thing onto location - usually 20 miles off the pavement on rutted, muddy dirt roads. Not many places you can't go with 2WD and tire chains.

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score

Curious about this, too. I know you can flash a new calibration to the BCM with the Tech 2, at least it has that option on my '04.

George B

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Yup. Just after college I spent 5 years working on drilling rigs in Montana, Wyoming and North Dakota. I had a little '82 Toyota Celica (RWD with the 22R engine) with tire chains. I had more than one roughneck tell me he was blown away that I got that little thing onto location - usually 20 miles off the pavement on rutted, muddy dirt roads. Not many places you can't go with 2WD and tire chains.
Had a 1978 2wd C10 that could get places it shouldn’t. I learned to drive off road starting at about 9yo. Love surprising people.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SBRKPRO