What did you do to your NNBS GMT900 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Maybe not 95%, but a high percentage for sure. I think beyond the large percentage that never go off road, I think people get all caught up in how "serious" their off road rig is and want no holds barred, when in fact, even a Wrangler Sport will take most people 100% of the way they might have the nerve to go.

For those that really don't hold back and will go anywhere there is a really big challenge, the Rubicon (and like equipped Jeeps) really do deliver, but truth be told, with my two car garage, the leveled, trimmed air dam Yukon will have to do, and it does. :)
I’ve been places in my 02 AWD Denali that surprised some of the people up there in their trail rigs. A lot of it is knowing how to drive in those conditions. When I was young we would drive 2WD vehicles like a 1964 Dodge van up mountains in the Cascades, sometimes had to have a few friends on the back bumper jumping up and down. So many people go all out on their rigs and can’t drive so they still get stuck.

wsteele

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’ve been places in my 02 AWD Denali that surprised some of the people up there in their trail rigs. A lot of it is knowing how to drive in those conditions. When I was young we would drive 2WD vehicles like a 1964 Dodge van up mountains in the Cascades, sometimes had to have a few friends on the back bumper jumping up and down. So many people go all out on their rigs and can’t drive so they still get stuck.

Picking the proper line and having a spotter that knows what they are doing will go a long way to getting you through and not breaking/bending anything. I pass a lot of guys out on the tracks we frequent with rigs that could literally go anywhere. For them, a lot of times they are in it for the social aspect as much as anything.

We are not serious 4X people, we aren't out to see just how tough a trail we can navigate (some with the really decked rigs do). For us, we are just on the trails as a means to an end, getting to trails we like to hike where we are less likely to run into the group of 20 middle aged ladies all hiking together... :)

Sparksalot

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I gotta be honest here. If I had the room in my garage, our third car would almost certainly be a Wrangler Rubicon. It is a pretty fun truck. We go up on 4x tracks and forest roads maybe 3 days a week. There is almost no place we go where we need half the capability that Jeep offers. In fact, for an old guy like me, if we actually need a sway bar disconnect and front locker, I am waaay over my head.

I would also say, 99%+ of all the people who own a Rubicon, never use half its capability.
I’ve got a friend with a wrangler, lifted on 37s and a ton of other $$$ stuff. I’ve gone wwwaaaaayyyy more places in thecopcar than he will try. He’s afraid of getting it dirty.

wsteele

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’ve got a friend with a wrangler, lifted on 37s and a ton of other $$$ stuff. I’ve gone wwwaaaaayyyy more places in thecopcar than he will try. He’s afraid of getting it dirty.

I think that is the norm.

I do see guys with really serious Jeep rigs, that really go anywhere, most times just picking the most gnarly section to see if they can, versus out of necessity.

But yeah, a lot of very serious dollar rigs that never go more than 30 niles from home and never leave the pavement. :)

George B

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
I think that is the norm.

I do see guys with really serious Jeep rigs, that really go anywhere, most times just picking the most gnarly section to see if they can, versus out of necessity.

But yeah, a lot of very serious dollar rigs that never go more than 30 niles from home and never leave the pavement. :)

I see them all the time around here. there are no trials to speak of for the setups we see on the road here.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
2006Duramax