What did you do to your NNBS GMT900 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

wsteele

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Out of curiosity, what intervals are you guys changing your diffs, transfer case, and transmission fluids? 30k or 50k?

The owners manual specifies a transmission fluid and filter change every 50K for severe service, like a lot of in town, towing, etc. It calls out a transfer case oil change every 50K. It doesn't specify a change interval for diff lube. I read a post on a different forum long ago by a retired GM engineer who stated GM expects diff lube to last for the life of the diff, if no leaks or the diff isn't opened for some other reason. He didn't specify what the expected life was though...

The guy who installed my reman transmission was a super competent and conscientious tech, he told me to exchange my transmission fluid every 30K if I was doing much towing or hot in town or hilly driving and never go beyond 50K, regardless how it was driven. Seemed like good advice to me.

Just Fishing

Can't fix stupid
Reaction score
Ontrack sucks balls ever since rona for me.
notice the status and the delivery date.

upload_2021-5-20_16-34-38.png

These asshats had my engine block in town for a solid week before they bothered to deliver it to me.
i thought because of heavy, but now I'm wondering.

RooTBeeRthe1st

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Put the cover back on where the blower motor is.

looking to buy a Tahoe with a 6.2 with low mileage. Seems like I might have better luck with an Escalade instead. Every Tahoe I find from 09-12 is a 5.3.
Escalade or Yukon

Wife is sick of her car and wants to trade it in for something but I don’t want DI.

BG1988

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ontrack sucks balls ever since rona for me.
notice the status and the delivery date.

View attachment 279806

These asshats had my engine block in town for a solid week before they bothered to deliver it to me.
i thought because of heavy, but now I'm wondering.
they do this to manipulate the speed it was delivered at ebay sellers do this as well they say they will not ship it for so and so days but ship it right away to get it faster then the expected delivery time.. this will give them an automatic 5 stars

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dhrusso925