What did you do to your NNBS GMT900 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
not safelite, it's whatever glass the shop I have been going to for 30 years gets, he charged me $235, last time it was little bit less inflation hit's everywhere.....
just went out and looked it's FUYAO it's a Chinese owned company but they make glass in Ohio and in 10 other countries.....so no telling if it came from here or somewhere else
How many times have you had that windshield replaced?

Amaster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
you had a code for the brakes getting hot? on a gmt900? I drive the litteral piZZ out of mine and never had a code for hot brakes but I can tell when they get hot, last trip I took they got real hot so I turned on the transmission grade braking by putting tow mode on helped a lot.
Idk all I can say is service traction control abs and brake light came on out of no where have no idea. Cause when I got off at the exit to check stuff everything was fine. Got back on turned off

Geotrash

Dave
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Idk all I can say is service traction control abs and brake light came on out of no where have no idea. Cause when I got off at the exit to check stuff everything was fine. Got back on turned off
I carry a little laser thermometer in my tool bag so I can check my trailer bearing hubs whenever I stop to make sure they’re not failing. Might be worth getting one so you can check all of your rotors in case you have a caliper dragging.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
How many times have you had that windshield replaced?
well when I first bought it, the next day it caught a rock right in the middle of the passenger side I was pissed but it was able to be filled and it was fine for a while then the top side above the driver cracked in a U-shape and that was fine but kind of a weird crack, but then it started leaking on the passenger side every time it rained or went thru a car wash so I went ahead and had it replaced like maybe 2 years ago, so that was the 1st time and then the day before yesterday it caught a rock again on the passenger side and it made a spider web crack about 4" in diameter so that needed to be replaced so twice now. I just can never seem to a catch a break with windshields the Silverado has had a couple rock hits filled already as well. It's not from me following to close or anything just dumb luck I guess lots of truck traffic on i5 which I have lived within a mile of my entire life basically.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
you might have a wheel bearing going out, there are no "sensors" for brake heat on these trucks, the 2021+ have a brake sensor but I think that is for pad thickness only
I have got the brakes so hot before I thought they might catch on fire, billowing smoke. no code or abs or anything, just hot brakes

Sparksalot

Supporting Member
Reaction score
well when I first bought it, the next day it caught a rock right in the middle of the passenger side I was pissed but it was able to be filled and it was fine for a while then the top side above the driver cracked in a U-shape and that was fine but kind of a weird crack, but then it started leaking on the passenger side every time it rained or went thru a car wash so I went ahead and had it replaced like maybe 2 years ago, so that was the 1st time and then the day before yesterday it caught a rock again on the passenger side and it made a spider web crack about 4" in diameter so that needed to be replaced so twice now. I just can never seem to a catch a break with windshields the Silverado has had a couple rock hits filled already as well. It's not from me following to close or anything just dumb luck I guess lots of truck traffic on i5 which I have lived within a mile of my entire life basically.
Current state on theothertwin. It’s been this way since I bought it. Passed inspection 3 times now. Not an issue in Texas as long as the driver’s vision is not obscured.

FD34EFB6-6AAB-4C41-A71A-3A5144FAABD2.jpeg66CDB058-2532-4143-A516-C86F489D7EE8.jpeg

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Rocks usually bounce off those of us who drive under 120mph. :rolleyes:

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score

pwtr02ss

Full Access Member
Reaction score
not safelite, it's whatever glass the shop I have been going to for 30 years gets, he charged me $235, last time it was little bit less inflation hit's everywhere.....
just went out and looked it's FUYAO it's a Chinese owned company but they make glass in Ohio and in 10 other countries.....so no telling if it came from here or somewhere else
Have you seen the documentary on Netflix about that company (FUYAO)? "American Factory", def worth the watch.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Drew1987gn