What did you do to your NNBS GMT900 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
might as well replace speakers and put some insulation in there while you got her tore down

^^^This. I have a whole list of stuff to do once I pull my door panels off. I don't wanna pull 'em off any more than necessary:

1) Have replacement clips on hand before I start

2) Add sound dampener and insulation

3) Clean and re-grease window guides and regulators (IMO, drag from old or lack of grease is what kills the motors)

4) Replace/upgrade speakers

5) Add felt tape on all contact points

Drwinlied

Full Access Member
Reaction score
^^^This. I have a whole list of stuff to do once I pull my door panels off. I don't wanna pull 'em off any more than necessary:

1) Have replacement clips on hand before I start

2) Add sound dampener and insulation

3) Clean and re-grease window guides and regulators (IMO, drag from old or lack of grease is what kills the motors)

4) Replace/upgrade speakers

5) Add felt tape on all contact points
Yeah I didn't have just a pile of replacement speakers or dynamat laying around lol. I definitely had to repair the actuator because it was stuck in unlock position.

However, seeing that speaker in such condition means I get to look at all of them now and then decide what to replace them with; oem from RA or take the Nestea Plunge. Crutchfield likes to suggest Hertz K 170's but those appear to be regular 4ohm, so not sure why I'd go with those over any other normal 4ohm.

Quick question, rpo UQA is the bose, but is that 9 speakers? I don't have nav and I'm trying to figure out if I'm supposed to have a sub or a dash speaker...I'm not too smart but fr/rear tweeter =4 + 4 door = 8...what is the 9th? I don't see a speaker grate/holes on the dash and I def don't hear a sub so...*shrug

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
However, seeing that speaker in such condition means I get to look at all of them now and then decide what to replace them with; oem from RA or take the Nestea Plunge. Crutchfield likes to suggest Hertz K 170's but those appear to be regular 4ohm, so not sure why I'd go with those over any other normal 4ohm.

If you want direct replacements for the Bose speakers, I believe you'd need 2 ohm.

Quick question, rpo UQA is the bose, but is that 9 speakers? I don't have nav and I'm trying to figure out if I'm supposed to have a sub or a dash speaker...I'm not too smart but fr/rear tweeter =4 + 4 door = 8...what is the 9th? I don't see a speaker grate/holes on the dash and I def don't hear a sub so...*shrug

According to my abacus, your math checks out. Great job!

The sub is inside the center console. It might be blown or maybe your bass is turned down? Mine definitely lets me know it's there. Crank it up and put your hand on the side of the console, up near the dash. See if it feels like your ex-girlfriend's BOB.

Drwinlied

Full Access Member
Reaction score
According to my abacus, your math checks out. Great job!

The sub is inside the center console. It might be blown or maybe your bass is turned down? Mine definitely lets me know it's there. Crank it up and put your hand on the side of the console, up near the dash. See if it feels like your ex-girlfriend's BOB.
I'm taking the rest of the day off to celebrate. Boss asked why and said, "did maths good"

yeah I definitely don't have my bass turned down so I'm going to assume it's not working at all or straight gone. Given the level of care that went into lowering it by the PO, I feel like there will be some nice surprises for me when investigating.

And yeah, the door speakers are like 1.9 ohm, so I was wondering why Crutchfield was so intent on the Hertz K170 when they are 4ohm and at that point I could just use any 4ohm by that standard (I won't).

Anyway, my guitars are on backorder till September at the earliest. Not related to my tahoe but I'm sassy about it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jchavez95

Latest posts