What did you do to your NNBS GMT900 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm taking the rest of the day off to celebrate. Boss asked why and said, "did maths good"

yeah I definitely don't have my bass turned down so I'm going to assume it's not working at all or straight gone. Given the level of care that went into lowering it by the PO, I feel like there will be some nice surprises for me when investigating.

And yeah, the door speakers are like 1.9 ohm, so I was wondering why Crutchfield was so intent on the Hertz K170 when they are 4ohm and at that point I could just use any 4ohm by that standard (I won't).

Anyway, my guitars are on backorder till September at the earliest. Not related to my tahoe but I'm sassy about it.
I bought this stuff for sound deadener on the Silverado works pretty good, still have several pieces left if I ever pull the yukon door panels off again
NOICO, you pull the tape off and stick it on and then you have use a roller and press it on good so it forms to the metal

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
so my ac has never been touched as far as anything other than I had the dealer "check" it last year and they said it was "within spec"
it's 10 years old, is there benefit to having the entire system evacuated and refilled? it works ok just wondering if it would do anything having it fully exchanged and filled.

89Suburban

Bull in the china shop
Supporting Member
Reaction score
so my ac has never been touched as far as anything other than I had the dealer "check" it last year and they said it was "within spec"
it's 10 years old, is there benefit to having the entire system evacuated and refilled? it works ok just wondering if it would do anything having it fully exchanged and filled.

I don't think it's worth the expense personally. Just check the low pressure side to confirm it's in operating range and top off in need be.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't think it's worth the expense personally. Just check the low pressure side to confirm it's in operating range and top off in need be.
I was reading before somewhere maybe on the forum that doing that puts both sides back to 50/50 if they were not already and that over time they can become uneven but that could have been something due to a problem I was reading about.
I am also wondering if changing the filter in it would be advisable or not.

Reaction score
You mean you've never changed out your AC fluid! I think the maintenance schedule on that is every 50k miles.... Lol

89Suburban

Bull in the china shop
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My parking brake warning light disappeared off of my gauge cluster. Is there a sensor for this on the pedal assembly somewhere or a way to troubleshoot that?

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You mean you've never changed out your AC fluid! I think the maintenance schedule on that is every 50k miles.... Lol
never had any problem with the ac other than it seems like it just doesn't get as cool as it did 5 years ago, I would just go buy one of those cans and top it off but if any air has gotten in there in the last 10 years I would rather it be done right, had the dealer test it last year and they said it was within spec which really didn't tell me much other than they didn't do anything.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jchavez95

Latest posts