What did you do to your NNBS GMT900 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So I have one TPMS sensor that stopped working on the Acadia. I have the tool to relearn them and tried to do a relearn but that one sensor doesn't respond.

I called a local tire shop asking if I could just drop off the wheel and have the sensor replaced and they want $85.

Seems kind of pricey or is that about a normal fee to break the bead on 1 side and replace the sensor?
I was quoted $20 per tire if I supplied the sensor.

89Suburban

Bull in the china shop
Supporting Member
Reaction score
How hard would that be to break the bead on a 20" wheel?

You got a hitch? Lay it on the ground under it and use a jack to break it. You do it from the road side of the wheel. Remove the valve core first to let all the air out and help it vent better. Use a 2x4 to hold/wedge the tire bead open and use a knife to cut the old valve stem. Lube up the new one and pull it through. You will need a valve tool that threads onto the stem so you can get enough pulling/prying force on it to pop it into place. And don't drop anything in the tire in the process. It's a skills test but I've done it a few times.

Reaction score
You got a hitch? Lay it on the ground under it and use a jack to break it. You do it from the road side of the wheel. Remove the valve core first to let all the air out and help it vent better. Use a 2x4 to hold/wedge the tire bead open and use a knife to cut the old valve stem. Lube up the new one and pull it through. You will need a valve tool that threads onto the stem so you can get enough pulling/prying force on it to pop it into place. And don't drop anything in the tire in the process. It's a skills test but I've done it a few times.
So would any snap-in style 315mhz sensor work?

Geotrash

Dave
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I learn something new here every day. Thanks!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DwaneM