What did you do to your NNBS GMT900 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How would I know or find out if my 2007 Yukon has a factory tow package?

I am researching brake controllers and I guess this is needed info.

I know enough about towing a trailer to be dangerous.

I have my VIN 1gkfk13047j283176

of course I have a tow hitch and wiring harness plug on the bumper.

What is a tow package ? and do I or do I not have it already on my Yukon ??

thanks in advance.

There is a trailer icon and button on the end of the drive selector arm on the steering console. When the button at the end is depressed a trailer icon appears on the instrument panel. I honestly have no clue what that feature even is or does. Have never towed anything with this rig. I am installing a brake controller and need this info as I am searching on etrailer for controller info - tutorials.

thanks in advance
Your tow rating is 6,700 pounds as is (GCWR 13,000), I reckon that you have 3.73 gears, RPO GT4. GT5 is 4.10 gears and tow rating would be 7,700 pounds (14,000 GCWR). If memory serves, the 4.10s would include KC4 and KNP. Curiously, the 2007 Brochure lists higher tow ratings (7200/8200) than the 2007 Electronic Owner's Manual. Data comes from the Electronic Owner's Manual.

RooTBeeRthe1st

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't feel like looking up my build sheet again, but I know mine has the 3.42s and 7300 lb rating

StrkAliteN

Reaction score
RPO codes

Z82 - TRAILERING EQUIPMENT
K5L - HEAVY DUTY TRAILERING PACKAGE

Thats the tow/haul button.
just a different trans tune. holds the trans in gear longer, lets the engine rev higher even with light throttle, keeps it out of 6th until like 80mph.

I can see how that selected option would enhance driving / towing around town.

Once I am on open freeway driving hundreds of miles on flat interstate, would it be a good or bad idea to turn off the trailering button and just use normal transmission for greater fuel economy ?

Geotrash

Dave
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I can see how that selected option would enhance driving / towing around town.

Once I am on open freeway driving hundreds of miles on flat interstate, would it be a good or bad idea to turn off the trailering button and just use normal transmission for greater fuel economy ?
No. It will keep hunting in/out of 4-5-6. I run it in tow/haul mode when towing our camper and limit it to 5th. Makes no difference in fuel economy but it’s a lot easier on the transmission.

justchecking

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Same here, I need it all the way down. Anybody else will have to raise it up standing outside. Now my gear wouldn't quite slide on so I had to file the shaft a little bit. After the JB weld set up i spun the shaft and the gear was straight. When I popped the gear into the housing there was a bit for and aft play so not too tight. Then when I put in the worm gear and popped the top of the housing on it seemed to go on with no issues. Had I known I could have checked a couple more things, maybe some warm day I will. I will also contact Gruven.
The difference in additional heat (I replaced cushion and cover) coming out of that seat now is remarkable. I wish I had the old cushion to tear apart but the trash man already took it.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
drove from here to Disneyland which is about 370 miles at around 80mph and then back home another 370 at around 85mph
left with a 11.9 mpg and ended up with a 12.5 mpg upon return. it's difficult to get anything better out of it, it is what it is

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
achurchman