What did you do to your NNBS GMT900 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Filled up and spent $100 on 25 gallons of 93 octane gas

Who had 93 that cheap?

This reminded me of a part of a dream I had last night- I was buy $5.xx/gallon 93 but the total on the pump was a couple thousand. Like, $2,300ish. I'm pretty sure I was filling up the Tahoe, but it would've had to have a 400+ gallon tank.

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
Who had 93 that cheap?

This reminded me of a part of a dream I had last night- I was buy $5.xx/gallon 93 but the total on the pump was a couple thousand. Like, $2,300ish. I'm pretty sure I was filling up the Tahoe, but it would've had to have a 400+ gallon tank.
Having dreams/nightmares about fueling up?

Reaction score
Who had 93 that cheap?

The Mobil by my house is $4.14/gallon. I get Exxon/Mobil rewards points and used $3 in rewards. I also have my AARP linked to my Exxon/Mobil account so I get extra rewards points on each purchase. I've saved almost $100 over the past year using rewards points. I'll use either $1, $2, or $3 in rewards each time I get gas.

Current prices near me are in the $3.60 area for regular (87) and $4.04 for premium (93). Mobil is about 10 cents more for each than the QT and Conoco

Last edited:

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score

And I don't know why! I'm one of the last to be concerned about fuel prices. I only put in just enough to do whatever short errands I'm running, which is usually 1/4 tank or so. My Tahoe stays parked so much that there's no need to have any more fuel in the tank steadily going stale. I only fill up for road trips. I don't know what that dream was about.

Just Fishing

Can't fix stupid
Reaction score

I am.
I ran the tank pretty much empty before I parked it this time around.
Just in case I got the motivation to do the fuel pump while it's up on jackstands... :jester:

I sure wish I filled the tank with premium before parking it right now.
:yaoface2:

It uses about a 3/4 tank to shuttle me back and forth to the ol property/range. :chair:

Just Fishing

Can't fix stupid
Reaction score
Today is the ol check pushrod length day.

This time around I located my adjustable pushrod and the checker spring.
When I did this last time, I couldn't get them or find the ones I had.

So doing this with the head gasket, and a nice digital caliper that can actually measure the entire pushrod (so much easier).

I'm finding that no matter what, the rocker arms sweep the same... makes sense i suppose right?

So, what I found is the sweep is too far inboard on the valve at the stock ls pedestal height.

But taking a washer that is .060 thick, I get the wipe pattern that i want.

Example,
Swipe with the stand against the head.
1649542294018.png

Swipe with the stand elevated .060
1649542322009.png

wtf?!

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score

So doing this with the head gasket, and a nice digital caliper that can actually measure the entire pushrod (so much easier).

I'm finding that no matter what, the rocker arms sweep the same... makes sense i suppose right?

So, what I found is the sweep is too far inboard on the valve at the stock ls pedestal height.

Example,
View attachment 367607

View attachment 367608

wtf?!

Is it the same for all of 'em?

ed24f448-ddfb-424e-8e17-b5e8414fbf6e.png

Last edited:
Reaction score

Example,
View attachment 367607

View attachment 367608

wtf?!
Do you have hydraulic lifters? if so, are they pumped up?

With non-adjustable pedestal style rockers, the adjustment is made with shims or pushrod length

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
racolson