What did you do to your NNBS GMT900 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Took the family and the camper down to Cape Charles, VA this weekend, which requires driving over the 17-mile-long Chesapeake Bay Bridge and Tunnel - a favorite route. Every time we take a trip I am amazed at what capable vehicles these trucks are. I'm also very happy with the Cam Motion Stage 2 truck cam I put in it last year. At one point I had to accelerate hard to get around some cars and make an exit ramp unexpectedly (was forced into the left lane by half a dozen cars that refused to yield getting on the highway) and before I knew it I was doing 95...pulling a 7000 pound camper. The acceleration got my wife's attention and she was amazed as well.

View attachment 367709
View attachment 367710
View attachment 367711

Our friends Heather and Megan have the little "canned ham" Shasta they pull behind their Subaru. This last shot puts things into perspective. Lol.
And I thought Subarus were dog-tested dog-approved. ;)

Geotrash

Dave
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Agreed. My 100 lb Malamute/ Husky wouldn’t like a Subaru. He likes to roam. He got a freak spring snow blanket today and doesn’t want to come in. View attachment 367722
Beautiful dog! My wife has a special place in her heart for Huskies - she had one as a kid.

Back in 2013 I had a chance to watch the start of the Iditarod dog sled race in Anchorage, and it was spectacular. Those dogs are definitely most at home in the cold and snow.

1649694779745.png

the_tool_man

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We just got back from a week in Orlando. The Yukon ate up the miles with ease, except where the traffic got backed up (mostly I-95). I noticed gas in FL is about $.50/gal more than SC. And don't get me started about FL drivers (I'm sure it's none of you).

Right after my first FL fill-up, I noticed the engine idle started getting rough, and hunting a bit, followed by some hesitation just off idle. I was worried I'd messed up the throttle body, or not seated the connector when I cleaned it the week before. It turned out to be bad gas (93 octane supposedly). After a dose of injector cleaner and another tank, it cleared right up. Unfortunately, when I pulled the connector to check it, I broke the locking tab. So now I have to replace that. No good deed goes unpunished. It looks like de-pinning/re-pinning the connector is pretty easy, so I'll grab a shell at the u-pull-it and get that fixed.

Last edited:

Sparksalot

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Took the family and the camper down to Cape Charles, VA this weekend, which requires driving over the 17-mile-long Chesapeake Bay Bridge and Tunnel - a favorite route. Every time we take a trip I am amazed at what capable vehicles these trucks are. I'm also very happy with the Cam Motion Stage 2 truck cam I put in it last year. At one point I had to accelerate hard to get around some cars and make an exit ramp unexpectedly (was forced into the left lane by half a dozen cars that refused to yield getting on the highway) and before I knew it I was doing 95...pulling a 7000 pound camper. The acceleration got my wife's attention and she was amazed as well.

View attachment 367709
View attachment 367710
View attachment 367711

Our friends Heather and Megan have the little "canned ham" Shasta they pull behind their Subaru. This last shot puts things into perspective. Lol.
Y’all should swap trailers for a photo op.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I ordered a BT Dieselworks Autosync Saturday and it shipped today. Tracking says it should be delivered Thursday.
I wanna know how you like it. Those things sound awesome. Unfortunately it seems nobody can get ahold of them if you have questions. I had them send me a bcm tune for my Silverado and I swear it took me weeks before he emailed me back. Once he did though he followed through until I figured out how to flash it using my Autocal and then after a couple weeks I was having an issue and he sent me a new tune file right away. The guy sounds like a genius though, he figured out how to do all this stuff to our vehicles that even the factory can’t do and I think he designed that Autosync too. He was also a big part of creating the Autocal.

lowh07

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Discount Tire wants $60 a PIECE to replace the TPMS sensors... uh, what? That can’t be right. I’m seeing sets of 4 on Amazon for $32.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
21DenaliXL