What did you do to your NNBS GMT900 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Went to fill the reservoir and the cap pretty much fell apart and was stuck in the reservoir, so.....grr ran down and grabbed a New reservoir and all filled runs normal no leaks I could see, took it for a drive fans weren't going so I cranked up the ac and grrr 1 fan only, checked the connector and sure enough right side is slightly melted, fun fun glad I got all problems at once instead hitting me one by one, gotta grab a new fan connector tomorrow
Wonder why the connector melted? You might have a fan going out. I mean, we don’t want your string to end, do we?;)

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wonder why the connector melted? You might have a fan going out. I mean, we don’t want your string to end, do we?;)
lol, it was like
stripped a hub bolt
one of the ABS clips was broke
bent the CAI (one of those fancy clamps froze up)
reservoir cap was like impregnated into the reservoir, all that came off was the outer plastic lid the rest came apart in pieces a couple springs and stuff, couldn't even get it all out
fan harness burnt, fan worked when I plugged it back in so think it's just the connector.
story of my life, I have to have another vehicle to drive for parts if I work on one because this crap happens to me all the time

still have to do the 6AN hoses for the Tru-cool and figure out a place to put it back up top, haven't had the grill off in a while and some of the clips were brittle last time so that will probably break (maybe) something is doomed, last time it was the ambient temp sensor the clips on it just disintegrated.
heat kills

George B

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
lol, it was like
stripped a hub bolt
one of the ABS clips was broke
bent the CAI (one of those fancy clamps froze up)
reservoir cap was like impregnated into the reservoir, all that came off was the outer plastic lid the rest came apart in pieces a couple springs and stuff, couldn't even get it all out
fan harness burnt, fan worked when I plugged it back in so think it's just the connector.
story of my life, I have to have another vehicle to drive for parts if I work on one because this crap happens to me all the time

still have to do the 6AN hoses for the Tru-cool and figure out a place to put it back up top, haven't had the grill off in a while and some of the clips were brittle last time so that will probably break (maybe) something is doomed, last time it was the ambient temp sensor the clips on it just disintegrated.
heat kills
I also need another vehicle to drive for parts. Sux!

Just Fishing

Can't fix stupid
Reaction score
Well that certainly not info I wanted to hear.
Stuff supposed to show up Monday.
Debating grabbing some pro comps with a link bar instead.

There is a few youtube videos talking about how to dissemble and clean ls lifters.

Now that i have done it once, i plan to always dissemble my lifters, even when new.

I reassembled mine with a light coating of straight 30 weight since i have it on hand.

Simple things.

And i would ways clean out the rollers anyways.

Make sure they roll smoothly, then oil them back up.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
those stupid hub bolts are really soft metal, they look like aluminum. If I ever have to do the hubs again I'm going to have to replace them all.
FYI the service manual states to replace the hub bolts any time they’re removed.

RooTBeeRthe1st

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Put 140mi on her yesterday.
Drove up to a easy little hike in the mountains, then did some off-roading nearby, finish the day off with the only meal I ate yesterday at yard house for dinner.

Attachments

• IMG_20220424_134357969_HDR~3.jpg
    IMG_20220424_134357969_HDR~3.jpg
    574.7 KB · Views: 4
  • image9.jpeg
    image9.jpeg
    194.4 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_20220424_134832973_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20220424_134832973_HDR.jpg
    579.9 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_20220424_134828766.jpg
    IMG_20220424_134828766.jpg
    461.7 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_20220424_133954377_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20220424_133954377_HDR.jpg
    402.7 KB · Views: 4

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
FYI the service manual states to replace the hub bolts any time they’re removed.
well that would make sense lol, too late now I am not going to do it again
I did order a new fan motor just now i went and got the new connector and looked up in the motor side and it doesn't look all that great $70 with 2 days shipping

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
racolson