What did you do to your NNBS GMT900 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

George B

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Does anyone use a wax or spray protectant on their wheels to help protect the finish?

Figured I'd start putting something on them to help protect them since they're new.

The only stuff I've ever used on wheels was for polished aluminum wheels. Mother's product in a can, a paste I'd put on using one of those sponge balls on a drill. Mostly a polish.

My new wheels seem to be powder coated with a machined face and have a clear coating over it.
I use Wizard’s Mist n Shine on the truck and my wheels often. Just keeps everything all spiffy.

89Suburban

Bull in the china shop
Supporting Member
Reaction score
no pretty sure they work anytime you press the button regardless of the temperature, they are on a timer which I believe is 10 minutes and then they automatically shut off until the button is pressed again

Yeah sounds legit. I would think that would be mentioned in the owners manual which it isn't. So I did some testing and now I def have the driver side working but not the pass side. And for sure for future reference for anybody the marked wires in the attached picture are on the mirror plug and for the heated circuit. The pos does come on and off the the rear window defogger switch. And the neg is a constant ground.

Freezing my ass out there tonight so hopefully tomorrow I can check the pass side circuit.

659D670A-7445-4BEA-83EE-8C3E9B6CAF8B.jpeg

TAG heated, mirror

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
No wax or ceramic coating applications?
I mean if you wanna you could. The instructions from intro on my billets that have a brushed and clear coat on the centers say to just wash them carefully with a microfiber cloth so you don’t haze the clear. It’s pretty much the same as the clear coat on the paint so I guess you could treat them the same. I’ve heard good and bad stories on ceramic coating wheels depending on the brand of ceramic, how it’s applied either pro or at homie, the type of wheel finish etc. -enough that I’m not willing to chance a bad experience because no matter if it’s good or bad, the results last a long long time. Maybe if I paid someone that guarantees it I would. Then if they ruin my wheels I know where they work. ;)

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah sounds legit. I would think that would be mentioned in the owners manual which it isn't. So I did some testing and now I def have the driver side working but not the pass side. And for sure for future reference for anybody the marked wires in the attached picture are on the mirror plug and for the heated circuit. The pos does come on and off the the rear window defogger switch. And the neg is a constant ground.

Freezing my ass out there tonight so hopefully tomorrow I can check the pass side circuit.

View attachment 387086

TAG heated, mirror
That. Sexy. Thumb. :love62: :hump: :manos: :Jedi:

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score

View attachment 387086

TAG heated, mirror
That’s not very nice calling the black wire a piece of shit. :rolleyes:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sparky23n