What did you do to your NNBS GMT900 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It is. '75.
Smog exempt in this kommie state.
It's basically rusted out and a pile of junk. I just got it for a few parts for mine and my dad wanted some for his trucks as well.
Need to see about getting it registered in my name. I think the last time it was registered was like 1984 or something.

Should be completely out of the system, so hopefully there's no back fees on registration or anything that I'll have to pay.
Thought so, saw one the other day underway on it own power. They were ubiquitous back in the day.

Sparksalot

Supporting Member
Reaction score
It is. '75.
Smog exempt in this kommie state.
It's basically rusted out and a pile of junk. I just got it for a few parts for mine and my dad wanted some for his trucks as well.
Need to see about getting it registered in my name. I think the last time it was registered was like 1984 or something.

Should be completely out of the system, so hopefully there's no back fees on registration or anything that I'll have to pay.
If it's a part truck, why worry about the title/registration?

Reaction score
I definitely did have it loaded a little tongue heavy.
That truck is around 2,700 lb and the trailer is around 3,500.
I'm honestly still surprised how well it pulled like that.
The empty trailer wasn't super noticeable. But I really should put all those engine parts I have sitting around on this thing.
That's a heavy trailer. My 18' with a wood deck and two 3500lb capacity axles weighs under 2000lbs

RooTBeeRthe1st

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If it's a part truck, why worry about the title/registration?
Because the parts I need on this one are smog exempt. If I "swap cabs" ;) my running complete '80 is suddenly a '75
Thereby relieving me of the ridiculous smog drama of my 42-year-old 4 cylinder truck that only gets a couple hundred miles a year and should be exempt anyway... Can't get replacement parts to keep all the smog equipment working as originally intended anymore. And if you get any original parts that are still in working condition, they quickly break once in use. That old rubber doesn't last long.

RooTBeeRthe1st

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's a heavy trailer. My 18' with a wood deck and two 3500lb capacity axles weighs under 2000lbs
It might be a bit less. I don't remember what my buddy told me.
But this has to 7,000 lb axles I believe he said.
And he widened the deck and added drive over fenders. Well did a new hitch on the front to accept it 2-5/16 ball instead of a 2in.
He was intending to call his 90-something for runner as well as a couple kids quads and a bunch of other stuff for the desert.

He never actually had the forerunner on it I believe, he sold that recently to our buddy and bought a Jeep, fix that up sold it to another buddy, and finally has another 97 wrangler that he has actually towed around on the trailer.

George B

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Because the parts I need on this one are smog exempt. If I "swap cabs" ;) my running complete '80 is suddenly a '75
Thereby relieving me of the ridiculous smog drama of my 42-year-old 4 cylinder truck that only gets a couple hundred miles a year and should be exempt anyway... Can't get replacement parts to keep all the smog equipment working as originally intended anymore. And if you get any original parts that are still in working condition, they quickly break once in use. That old rubber doesn't last long.
1670779856764.gif

Sparksalot

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Perfect choice then!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sparky23n