What did you do to your NNBS GMT900 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RooTBeeRthe1st

Full Access Member
Reaction score
California and it's smog laws, lol

A '75 is smog exempt but an '80 isn't :hmmm2:
Yeah, 76 and newer require a smog every other year still.
It used to be 25-year-old cars would fall off of requiring smog. Until they got to 76 where there was a fair amount of smog equipment on most vehicles so that's where they locked it in like a holes.

Reaction score
I'm going to do a front brake job during winter break. I'm not wanting to switch to larger calipers or anything like that. What's a good set of pads/rotors for these rigs?

George B

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
I'm going to do a front brake job during winter break. I'm not wanting to switch to larger calipers or anything like that. What's a good set of pads/rotors for these rigs?
I have noted that many here will either swear by the OEM components or the Power Stop stuff. I noted that there are even slotted Delco rotors.

Reaction score
I have noted that many here will either swear by the OEM components or the Power Stop stuff. I noted that there are even slotted Delco rotors.
I thought I've read in the past about the PPV components being better than the standard ones

m1dn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sitting in a Canadian mom and pop shop waiting for alignment on yukon after replacing front strut/coils.

Someone brings in a F-250 that hasn't been on the road for a year asking what it minimum needs to get back on the road.
Owner calls them after taking a look and saying it will need at Minimum:
- New battery
- 4 rotors ( said they "think" calipers and pads can be reused )
- 1h further inspection for error codes etc

I'm sitting here thinking "makes sense, sounds like 600$ CAD?".
Owner goes "we've priced the estimate here, you are looking at 1465$ CAD ( ~1100$ Freedom Dollars ) as a minimum here, excluding anything else we will find"

What the fudge?

Charlie207

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Added more coolant. Seems to be a much more frequent thing when it's cold. Since there is no visible leak in the front, could there be any other way to lose coolant while driving other than a head gasket?

I'm kind of dumb to the rear-heater system, so is it possible that coolant is escaping from that? How would I check?

Would I be able to fire up the truck, engage "REAR" on the HVAC controls, and then waddle my ass under the truck to look for drips?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sparky23n