What did you do to your NNBS GMT900 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RooTBeeRthe1st

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What is this TCC tweak? Is it to zero the slip?
I've heard that helps with reliability, but am afraid to adjust the pressures without knowing exactly where and how much...
I've noticed mine slips 5-10 while steady state cruising, flat ground, highway.

Honestly can't remember what all I changed and to what in HPT.

mikez71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Stock slip tables are set to 20. I've heard it can't hold 0 slip without pressure increase.
I've disabled TCC except for 5 and 6.. thinking about adding it back to 4th.

Fubar0715

Scott
Supporting Member
Reaction score
2610 lbs in the bed of the avalanche. It was supposed to be 1800lbs. When Steph got there, they told her they made an error. She went with it. I about fell over when she sent me the pic. Shocks only aired it up about 2":oops:

Dont be skeeered

View attachment 398270
After she got home and it had aired up (only about 6 mile drive)

View attachment 398271
Rented a bobcat/skidsteer many moons ago and wanted to save a few bucks by picking up. Borrowed my buddy's car trailer and off I went with my NBS Tahoe...bad idea. The front end felt "light" and it was squatted for sure...damn thing weighed about 8k lbs. We used my buddy's F350 to take it back!

pwtr02ss

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What is this TCC tweak? Is it to zero the slip?
I've heard that helps with reliability, but am afraid to adjust the pressures without knowing exactly where and how much...
We have aftermarket higher stall torque converters. Not stock. It was one little misstep in the overall changes for the converter.

RooTBeeRthe1st

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We have aftermarket higher stall torque converters. Not stock. It was one little misstep in the overall changes for the converter.
Yeah, when I eventually pull the engine and trans, still debating on how high of a converter I want. Honestly probably going to stick with 1,800 to 2,000. But no more than 2500 for my application.
That's just going to hurt my mileage and whatnot and all the traffic I do daily having a real high stall.

mikez71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There are actually so many settings
That's why I'm scared! I'm having a time just doing the shift schedules.. dialing in my mild tune, definitely worth it.. but it's a process
Any disadvantage to disabling tcc lower gears? I figure I'm not cruising speed yet and would save the tcc from constantly engaging/disengaging.. though I'm sure it helps mileage..

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Austin19