What did you do to your NNBS GMT900 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mikez71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I didn't want to pay $50 for the bosch anymore so I started researching wiper blades and found these trico, nobody carries them around here so I just order them online, cheaper anyway I am sure they would be $50 at the store as well
I've had a few bosch and rainx $50 wipers on other vehicles and they wouldn't contact the edge of the windshield. Got some michelins from costco about $8 a piece and every bit as good if not better. (Sorry no high speed testing!) But I'll never buy $50 wipers again.. or $75 silverstar headlights.. ripoffs!

j91z28d1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
anyone try the silicone blades tire rack sells? some kinda life time thing I seem to remember

89Suburban

Bull in the china shop
Supporting Member
Reaction score
it's amazing how much they want for wipers these days. I walked in once to get some on the ride home on my car that has 24in wipers. I was in shock when 2 would be 50$. they said it's a dollar an inch these days. I drove home with bad wipers lol.

if you have the kind you can pop off the end, like most oem blades. I've found you can still buy the rubber itself super cheap off ebay. like 3 sets for 5$ shipped. just take a month to ship, so buy like 20$ a year worth. they look identical to the rubber in auto parts store blades. work great and I find myself swapping them much more often because of the price. so they work better for me lol. I have 4 cars to keep blades fresh on and tx sun to eat them up in no time and then random violent storms out of nowhere to drive thru.

I uses these and I keep a spare set under the back seat. Work fine for me.

mikez71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mike Z71, please take some pics. Happy hunting, bro'.
regarding wires thru firewall.. punctured the outer boot.. that thing is tight! was worried about pulling too hard next to other wires anyhow. I was feeding from inside cab to engine compartment. Had a stainless chopstick sil-glyded up.. but couldnt angle it enough and poked through. Might have a chance if you go engine compartment into cab, but the power wire for upfitter switches had a bulkier terminal on the inside, only had to slide a ring terminal on the other end.. think i got the yellow wire wrapped around..
4097AD17-232A-4BE5-B466-418550AA9DFC.jpeg
A2DFF84B-E884-4A3E-85A2-B24F5F760929.jpeg
probably just leave that yellow wire, distributes the stretch more evenly, yea thats it! actually meant to run in one loom, but it wouldnt fit what i had, so i seperated them..

Last edited:

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
ya the factory and factory like wipers start lifting off the glass around 85mph and become ineffective, they will hit the bottom and top and skip the middle.
the bosch (the $50 ones at retail or copycats) are a little better than oem style and are generally all you find out there for performance blades at least around here anyway.
I didn't want to pay $50 for the bosch anymore so I started researching wiper blades and found these trico, nobody carries them around here so I just order them online, cheaper anyway I am sure they would be $50 at the store as well
I put Aquapel on my windshields once a year and don’t use the wipers over about 40. Just shut them off, windshield stays super clear. The only time I use them at all is on the lowest intermittent setting for under 40, around town driving.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I put Aquapel on my windshields once a year and don’t use the wipers over about 40. Just shut them off, windshield stays super clear. The only time I use them at all is on the lowest intermittent setting for under 40, around town driving.
Ya, I have some stuff like that sitting around here been too lazy to apply it, lol

pwtr02ss

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I tired rain-X years ago and it made the wipers jump when I had to use them. Never heard of the aquapel

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I tired rain-X years ago and it made the wipers jump when I had to use them. Never heard of the aquapel
It’s way different that Rain-X. It’s the only one I’ll use. Not only does the water run off but when I use the wipers, it acts like the wipers are turbocharged- it’s hard to explain. They just work way better than on untreated glass. The water is pushed ahead of the wipers. Plus it lasts me the entire part of the year it doesn’t rain here, like 9 months. And it never yellows or gets streaky like Rain-X. Not sure about the other similar ones. Aquapel has been around a long time, it was invented by PPG, a big manufacturer of auto glass. FWIW it takes me 2 of the applicators for each of my trucks. They state one will do “ most” windshields but I feel that’s for smaller ones. I could probably use 1 1/2 but I never seem to want to do both trucks at the same time, you have to work pretty quick.

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just got caught up on everything, yeah, six-speed has a stupid amount of settings. So that must be part of it, but also like the others mentioned and aftermarket lockup is a bit different than the factory lock up.

Of course.

I want a 6-speed, but the kind that requires a third pedal. To hell with tuning, I'll let my left leg control engagement and full lockup to my liking.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dapdapdap