What did you do to your NNBS GMT900 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's how they work, at least both of mine. It's not violent in the way of slamming, it's just sudden lock and unlock. As per a super smart man meats, aftermarket toque converters don't like to ramp in the lock up. They need to either lock or unlock. None of the easing into it

I'm just comparing it to stock and it seems to be too abrupt. It could be perfectly fine and I just don't know any better.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
it's amazing how much they want for wipers these days. I walked in once to get some on the ride home on my car that has 24in wipers. I was in shock when 2 would be 50$. they said it's a dollar an inch these days. I drove home with bad wipers lol.

if you have the kind you can pop off the end, like most oem blades. I've found you can still buy the rubber itself super cheap off ebay. like 3 sets for 5$ shipped. just take a month to ship, so buy like 20$ a year worth. they look identical to the rubber in auto parts store blades. work great and I find myself swapping them much more often because of the price. so they work better for me lol. I have 4 cars to keep blades fresh on and tx sun to eat them up in no time and then random violent storms out of nowhere to drive thru.
$8.73 each on amazon and these are really good wipers, they beat the $50 wipers ($7.17 each rockauto)
I can confirm no lifting @120+ in the rain
More Information for TRICO 25220
Force; Beam Style; 22"
TRICO Force is a robustly engineered high-wind beam wiper blade with a patented swept-wing spoiler that slices through wind speeds in excess of 135mph (2220kph) caused by cross winds, buffeting truck winds and general traffic turbulence.

Features & Benefits
  • VorTec aerofoil converts wind force for maximum windshield contact
  • HighGlide treated rubber element for a smooth, clean and quiet performance
  • Robust superstructure for durable all-weather performance
  • SWIFT Easy Connection makes changing wiper blades a breeze

RooTBeeRthe1st

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah? How does one make the TCC engage smoothly? I thought that was the point of it being a PWM-controlled style. Maybe it's the nature of the beast or maybe I got a faulty converter. But, mine has always locked up abruptly. It's like cruising at a steady speed in a car with a manual trans while riding the clutch just enough to have it slip and raise RPM, then suddenly dumping it. Not violent, but much faster and more harsh than I think it should. I see all kinds of settings for WHEN the TCC engages, but nothing for adjusting HOW it engages.

I don't have these settings. This must be exclusive to the 6L80E.

Just got caught up on everything, yeah, six-speed has a stupid amount of settings. So that must be part of it, but also like the others mentioned and aftermarket lockup is a bit different than the factory lock up.

j91z28d1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
$8.73 each on amazon and these are really good wipers, they beat the $50 wipers ($7.17 each rockauto)
I can confirm no lifting @120+ in the rain
More Information for TRICO 25220
Force; Beam Style; 22"
TRICO Force is a robustly engineered high-wind beam wiper blade with a patented swept-wing spoiler that slices through wind speeds in excess of 135mph (2220kph) caused by cross winds, buffeting truck winds and general traffic turbulence.

Features & Benefits
  • VorTec aerofoil converts wind force for maximum windshield contact
  • HighGlide treated rubber element for a smooth, clean and quiet performance
  • Robust superstructure for durable all-weather performance
  • SWIFT Easy Connection makes changing wiper blades a breeze

those aren't that bad of price, I guess O'Reilly's was really trying to rob me that day lol. but yeah, I like just sliding the inserts out each time costing me about 2$ worth of stuff. plus I just keep them stashed in each vehicle.

those looks like the design of most of the. factor wipers on my car. never had a lifting issue. but I'm also not going very fast in the rain these days.

RooTBeeRthe1st

Full Access Member
Reaction score
man I've always meant to do that, I get why it's better to think in lambda then afr but man I just can't recal my brain. to many years of looking at a/f numbers, it's like adding an extra step of math in there.
Yeah, I've been the same way.
Since I'm switch between gas and e85 I think lambda will be easier. Just with the hpt tables were in lambda to make it easier yet. We'll see how it goes, need to change my scanner to output lambda now too I suppose.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
those aren't that bad of price, I guess O'Reilly's was really trying to rob me that day lol. but yeah, I like just sliding the inserts out each time costing me about 2$ worth of stuff. plus I just keep them stashed in each vehicle.

those looks like the design of most of the. factor wipers on my car. never had a lifting issue. but I'm also not going very fast in the rain these days.
ya the factory and factory like wipers start lifting off the glass around 85mph and become ineffective, they will hit the bottom and top and skip the middle.
the bosch (the $50 ones at retail or copycats) are a little better than oem style and are generally all you find out there for performance blades at least around here anyway.
I didn't want to pay $50 for the bosch anymore so I started researching wiper blades and found these trico, nobody carries them around here so I just order them online, cheaper anyway I am sure they would be $50 at the store as well

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DMCO