What did you do to your NNBS GMT900 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dkad260

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks like I'm going to have the parts to rebuild the rear diff in the '12 XL Denali (8.6")

If anyone has the torque specs handy, I'm looking for the rotating torque for both pinion and carrier with new bearings.

What I have is:

65 foot pounds for ring gear
60 foot pounds for carrier bearing cap
14-19 inch pounds rotating for new pinion bearing.

Once the carrier shims are snug I will start with .004 on each side additional for preload then check

I believe it's 20-25 inch pounds for the carrier but not sure, which would equate to an additional 5.8-7.3 inch pounds to the pinion rotating torque with a 3:42 axle ratio.

I want to say @swathdiver might have this info.

Anyone feel free to chime in.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I went with a NAPA radiator, fairly quick and easy change.

Is your airbag being changed under warranty? If not, and if the steering wheel bag, that's a 5 min swap if you want to DIY.

Takes longer to find the right angle to depress the release than unplugging and reinstalling the bag.
the airbag being changed is the passenger one above the glove box, not the drivers

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I wouldn't even have a chance to open the doors for them. As soon as I put it in park and the doors unlock they're already out of the vehicle. I haven't even shut it off yet, and usually still grabbing my glasses or something off the console. Don't know what the hurry is these kids have.
funny, sometimes mine will just sit there in it and I have to tell them to get out, if I am not there when they get out I might come out to a door still open later :slap:

j91z28d1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
was behind a clean yukon denali xl in that kinda rare gray color this morning in a drive thru. thing was very clean and I've always liked that color. I didn't realize he had it shut off to order, when it fired it up definitely had some louder than stock exhaust and you could hear the text book miss, and then the valve train tap.

probably just out driving it till it stops and ends up in a junkyard. such a shame what gm did with these engines. if I didn't have way to many cars and projects I'd have been tempted to ask if he wanted to sell it for cheap to save it.

Geotrash

Dave
Supporting Member
Reaction score
was behind a clean yukon denali xl in that kinda rare gray color this morning in a drive thru. thing was very clean and I've always liked that color. I didn't realize he had it shut off to order, when it fired it up definitely had some louder than stock exhaust and you could hear the text book miss, and then the valve train tap.

probably just out driving it till it stops and ends up in a junkyard. such a shame what gm did with these engines. if I didn't have way to many cars and projects I'd have been tempted to ask if he wanted to sell it for cheap to save it.
I see these coming up on Marketplace all the time with lifter problems going for cheap. Someday I'll find a 2015+ in otherwise good shape and will snap it up.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chevy100