What did you do to your NNBS GMT900 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

alpha_omega

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Reminds me of the story my 4 older siblings told me about the time my dad finally agreed to take them kite flying back in the early 70's. My brother had been pestering my dad to take them and when finally agreed and took them out to my uncles pasture, he was so excited that he slammed the back door of the car and since the window was only part way up, it ended up in pieces all across the back seat. My dad was pissed and promptly swept most of the glass off the backseat and onto the floor board and told the 4 of them to get back in the car and took them home.
Yep…my grandad had an old ford pickup that we used for delivering sod from the farm. We had just gotten stuck 50 rolls of sod @ 50lbs in each truck driving across wet peat moss soil. Getting stuck happened daily, but this day my uncle was in a bad mood. Must have been up late drinking or something. After sticking his head out the window to looking back and yelling something at me, he got out of the truck to hook up a tow strap to the truck my fourteen year old self was driving (mind you I can hardly drive a stick at this point because I could barely touch the pedals, let alone see over the steering wheel at the same time). Being in one of his moods he slams the door - forgetting the window was rolled down - and pieces of it landed in the seat. Guess who had to clean his mess up?

alpha_omega

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I wouldn't even have a chance to open the doors for them. As soon as I put it in park and the doors unlock they're already out of the vehicle. I haven't even shut it off yet, and usually still grabbing my glasses or something off the console. Don't know what the hurry is these kids have.
Child safety locks. Except maybe then it will be interior door handles they break. Dang kids, you can’t have anything nice with them around.
Going to install a new front driveshaft. The trainwreck of a previous U-joint replacement and balance of both shafts by a local franchise left me with the welcomed decision to cut my losses and have the Driveshaft Shop build be a new shaft.

I tried to source a new OEM shaft but kept coming up empty, I feel for the long hail this is the better option.

View attachment 405765

I'll get a side by side pic later. I'm very impressed with the build quality of this.
Which company did you go with for the new one?

alpha_omega

Full Access Member
Reaction score
was behind a clean yukon denali xl in that kinda rare gray color this morning in a drive thru. thing was very clean and I've always liked that color. I didn't realize he had it shut off to order, when it fired it up definitely had some louder than stock exhaust and you could hear the text book miss, and then the valve train tap.

probably just out driving it till it stops and ends up in a junkyard. such a shame what gm did with these engines. if I didn't have way to many cars and projects I'd have been tempted to ask if he wanted to sell it for cheap to save it.
What gray color are you referring to?

alpha_omega

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My kiddo used to slam the door every time. When I used to drop her off at high school I told her that if she slammed the door I would honk the horn and everyone would look. Only happened twice. Behavior modified successfully.
That’s perfect. Similar to using an e-collar to reinforce positive behavior with my dogs. It has to be a double honk though, almost like an auditory “honk you!” to whomever slams the door.

Reaction score
Child safety locks. Except maybe then it will be interior door handles they break. Dang kids, you can’t have anything nice with them around.
My daughter used to do it 5-6 years ago after we first got the vehicle, but I told her not to because it could break after a while and showed her how to correctly use it.

Not technically kids anymore though. My son is 23 and his girlfriend just turned 21, but she acts more like my daughter whose 14 now. She's from out of state and still in college, so she's really not around here much.

j91z28d1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
0.011 doesn't seem to bad to me. I know you're looking for nosies thou and I've never messed with a gear over noise till it's a whining sound and then not till Lucas stops hiding it haha.

what's the min/max on the new one? like 7?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MRBJU52

Latest posts