What did you do to your NNBS GMT900 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Onlyone

Full Access Member
Reaction score
New battery. The 6 year old interstate was leaking and getting long in the tooth with only 12.4 volts resting and I was getting some odd little issues. Installed an Odyssey and we’re good to go. $243 for a battery this good. Can’t beat it.

Also an Amsoil oil change. Getting ready for another trip back to Salt Lake City 6.5 hrs away. Just got back a couple weeks ago. This is an enjoyable truck to drive long distances.
C202AD1C-2445-4439-B32B-C1ACA1C29CC1.jpeg

Geotrash

Dave
Supporting Member
Reaction score
New battery. The 6 year old interstate was leaking and getting long in the tooth with only 12.4 volts resting and I was getting some odd little issues. Installed an Odyssey and we’re good to go. $243 for a battery this good. Can’t beat it.

Also an Amsoil oil change. Getting ready for another trip back to Salt Lake City 6.5 hrs away. Just got back a couple weeks ago. This is an enjoyable truck to drive long distances.
View attachment 406941
That’s where these trucks really shine. So comfortable, enjoyable and easy to drive. I’ve covered a 1000 miles in a day, from Richmond, VA to just east of Kansas City, MO on three different trips west. I could’ve never done that in a little fart box sedan. Plenty of power, great stereo, supportive seats, and very little effort required to keep it tracking straight down the road.

j91z28d1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Before & After! Still need to wrap or paint the chrome strip on the hood. And then keep deleting all things chrome...

I like it.

I said I was going to paint everything chrome on mine black when I got it.. and then I got lazy and never did haha.

looks nice

j91z28d1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We posted at the same time.

Yikes.

Mine wasn't as bad as yours but the incompetentcy is close.

I had new U joints also, and I had to change the inner clips, was too tight with the others.

It started when my shop straightened a bent ear at the rear, then balanced, destroyed my slip yoke in the balancing process, was horribly out of balance after they were done.

I took it to their sister shop and same deal, they added so much weight it could be a boat anchor. Now it runs in a slight oval and is "balanced" but I also have a slight vibration at 70-80.

It's maddening that a shop that builds driveshafts can mess something up so bad.

these kinda stories on top of my own experience is why I tell everyone, if your drive shaft isn't broke, or falling out of the car. don't touch it. and if you do have to, only use an oem one from a dealer. Sadly these trucks are discontinued oem.

if mine ever gets signs of wear, I'll find a used one off ebay and try a few of those before I deal with any drive line shop. unless you have one better outfitted local than any one I've been to. they just can't do the job and God forbid a tech know how to change u joints without damaging something haha.

vibrations are the most annoying things to hunt down. good luck with them.

dkad260

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Going to install a Fram Air filter. The oil change place tried to get me install a no name filter 28$.

I got one off Amazon for 16$.
FWIW, if you have a NAPA close by, I believe the filter part # is 7060 for the Gold, and around $13+tax.

j91z28d1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
about the same as mine, mine might have slightly less, probably not the problem the service manager at the dealership told me they used to hone those out to make them even more sloppy so you wouldn't feel it. my rear pinion has no side to side play at all.

I had a thought.

next time you drive it, if they can't fix it. maybe try popping it into neutral before hitting the brakes and coming to a stop, and then release the brakes before popping it back in D and taking off. I feel like that might rule put the drive train binding up?

I still feel like this is the yoke binding insides of sliding in and out. maybe see if the dealer will source you some of they old "special lube" the obs tsb used to call for over their binding.

just a thought.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MRBJU52