What did you do to your NNBS GMT900 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I had a thought.

next time you drive it, if they can't fix it. maybe try popping it into neutral before hitting the brakes and coming to a stop, and then release the brakes before popping it back in D and taking off. I feel like that might rule put the drive train binding up?

I still feel like this is the yoke binding insides of sliding in and out. maybe see if the dealer will source you some of they old "special lube" the obs tsb used to call for over their binding.

just a thought.
I picked it back up yesterday afternoon the more I drive it the more it feels like the rear end, it's not the brakes and I don't think anything is binding up it does it from a roll. I am going to run it by a rear end shop and see what they think or the shop that did my transmission.

dkad260

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I picked it back up yesterday afternoon the more I drive it the more it feels like the rear end, it's not the brakes and I don't think anything is binding up it does it from a roll. I am going to run it by a rear end shop and see what they think or the shop that did my transmission.

I forgot to mention, when I had my front driveshaft in the Jeckyl and Hyde shop, they used too small of an inner clip to retain the U-Joint. I didn't discover this until I saw grease all over my oil filter. There was hardly any movement in the yoke, but under load I'm sure that's where some of my clunk came from, as well as the vibration.

I just swapped that joint for a sealed one last week awaiting the new front shaft...just something to check.

When you get on and off the gas, it's hard to tell where the culprit is in regards to what's causing the excess driveline lash, especially with AWD.

Definitely check the u joint clips and the transfer case chain slack.

Did you grease the new joints if they have fittings? Also a dab of grease on the slip yoke may cure some lash. Just throwing out ideas.

Good luck, keep us posted.

avalonandl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Installed new air filter. LF screw got me ....skinned my knuckle....

This filter I installed at 135 k miles so 50 k on it

Edit: A little dirty huh?

Attachments

• IMG_6903.JPG
    IMG_6903.JPG
    289.3 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I forgot to mention, when I had my front driveshaft in the Jeckyl and Hyde shop, they used too small of an inner clip to retain the U-Joint. I didn't discover this until I saw grease all over my oil filter. There was hardly any movement in the yoke, but under load I'm sure that's where some of my clunk came from, as well as the vibration.

I just swapped that joint for a sealed one last week awaiting the new front shaft...just something to check.

When you get on and off the gas, it's hard to tell where the culprit is in regards to what's causing the excess driveline lash, especially with AWD.

Definitely check the u joint clips and the transfer case chain slack.

Did you grease the new joints if they have fittings? Also a dab of grease on the slip yoke may cure some lash. Just throwing out ideas.

Good luck, keep us posted.
the same problem occurs with 2 different drive shaft just the old one has more vibration.
even though it is AWD it really feels like the rear end, I need to get the gopro mounted and see if I can see it happening, maybe this weekend

j91z28d1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Installed new air filter. LF screw got me ....skinned my knuckle....

This filter I installed at 135 k miles so 50 k on it

Edit: A little dirty huh?

the question I have is did the paper turn brittle and break when you move it around?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HIGHHOPES