What did you do to your NNBS GMT900 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Have you gotten smog tested while having a tune?
yes and no
I originally had a hypertech tune (carb compliant)
the hypertech when installed gets married to the ecm & tcm
had the transmission upgraded and forgot to remove the hypertech first
transmission came with a new tcm, so this made the hypertech think it is no longer married and basically is a brick
so I got the bb tune and the stock file is now the hypertech tune
last time I got it smogged I removed the bb tune it put it back to the hypertech
passed no problem.

Last edited:

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
But..... don't you get your stickers from a buddy? When was the last smog test you've done? :secret:

Only the past two years. Had O2s and other things turned off in '17, so I've passed four emissions inspections with it, the final one in '21 with it cammed/modded with no cats. No visual inspections here although that's easy enough to pass. I don't believe they've changed anything in the testing.

justchecking

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
I changed the four driver side plugs at 50k miles. I recently changed plugs in my older daughters Escape and younger daughters Wrangler at 100k miles and they were severely worn, like no electrode remaining so I decided to start changing all plugs at 50k. I changed the driver side in nothing flat. Then I looked at the passenger side. I only had an hour and a half to change those four plugs, eat lunch, and go to my eye appointment. So… those will have to wait.

j91z28d1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Unless they look at more stuff or look deeper in CA, I never had a problem passing with my rear O2 codes turned off. All readiness monitors set just fine.

this is the ticket. what software was used to turn off the rear o2? seems readiness is the key.

since I have hp on the truck already, I'd definitely try that before replacing a cat and see what happens cause it would be eazy to turn back on. I don't know if bb it would cost you money to try

j91z28d1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I changed the four driver side plugs at 50k miles. I recently changed plugs in my older daughters Escape and younger daughters Wrangler at 100k miles and they were severely worn, like no electrode remaining so I decided to start changing all plugs at 50k. I changed the driver side in nothing flat. Then I looked at the passenger side. I only had an hour and a half to change those four plugs, eat lunch, and go to my eye appointment. So… those will have to wait.

I suggest a koken plug socket

and of all things harbor freight has a black extension set that has this little like 1 and half in extension, that and a flex head ratchet I've used that little extension more times than I can count. but if I remember right that's what I used and it wasn't to bad and mine has a big hybrid inverter over there in the way.

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
this is the ticket. what software was used to turn off the rear o2? seems readiness is the key.

since I have hp on the truck already, I'd definitely try that before replacing a cat and see what happens cause it would be eazy to turn back on. I don't know if bb it would cost you money to try

HPT. Had a shop turn off AFM, the speed governor and the rear O2s cuz I was planning on long tubes eventually. Passed emissions multiple times after. Had it tuned again for the cam and mods and it passed that one time I had it inspected after that. If it weren't for the tint, I'd still be getting and passing legit inspections.

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score

@Rocket Man has an easy setup and you probably already have the tools needed:

RooTBeeRthe1st

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yes and no
I originally had a hypertech tune (carb compliant)
the hypertech when installed gets married to the ecm & tcm
had the transmission upgraded and forgot to remove the hypertech first
transmission came with a new tcm, so this made the hypertech think it is no longer married and basically is a brick
so I got the bb tune and the stock file is now the hypertech tune
last time I got it smogged I removed the bb tune it put it back to the hypertech
passed no problem.
Darn, I was hoping you were going to say you had the BB tune and it passed no problem.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tahoe nate