What did you do to your NNBS GMT900 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Monz11

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Changed rear window seal yesterday, along with NGK plugs and added red plug boots. Got the Hoe tuned today, running max power 468.25 @ 101.9 & max torque 461.5 @ 76.5
Alternator is failing, so ordered a Mechman 400. Will have this one rebuilt and put in my Colorado.

Geotrash

Dave
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Headed home from a celebratory steakhouse dinner for my wife’s birthday in the ‘07, had the in-laws in there too, driving up I-95 from downtown.

Got a TPMS warning and watched as the pressure started dropping quickly. Got off at the next exit and changed the left rear tire at a gas station in a rough neighborhood in the dark, while wearing a suit. Whatever is lodged in it, I couldn’t pull it out so I’ll take it to discount tire in the morning.

Luckily I had recently run the spare tire hoist down and lubed it with graphite, and set the tire pressure so there were no unexpected added hassles. It got us home safely.

IMG_6244.jpeg
IMG_6247.jpeg

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Headed home from a celebratory steakhouse dinner for my wife’s birthday in the ‘07, had the in-laws in there too, driving up I-95 from downtown.

Got a TPMS warning and watched as the pressure started dropping quickly. Got off at the next exit and changed the left rear tire at a gas station in a rough neighborhood in the dark, while wearing a suit. Whatever is lodged in it, I couldn’t pull it out so I’ll take it to discount tire in the morning.

Luckily I had recently run the spare tire hoist down and lubed it with graphite, and set the tire pressure so there were no unexpected added hassles. It got us home safely.

View attachment 417125
View attachment 417126
looks like a piece of plastic, I ran over the corner of a broken headlight once, not even sure how I didn't hear it, feel it, or see it but I came out in the morning and the tire was flat as a pancake, couldn't see anything so I rolled it forward a couple feet and here was this giant piece of pyramid/triangle plastic that left a giant hole in the middle of the tire. I should have taken a picture of it, the thing was trophy worthy lol

Geotrash

Dave
Supporting Member
Reaction score
looks like a piece of plastic, I ran over the corner of a broken headlight once, not even sure how I didn't hear it, feel it, or see it but I came out in the morning and the tire was flat as a pancake, couldn't see anything so I rolled it forward a couple feet and here was this giant piece of pyramid/triangle plastic that left a giant hole in the middle of the tire. I should have taken a picture of it, the thing was trophy worthy lol
Thanks, Wes! I appreciate the laugh.

Turns out that the Defender LTX has been replaced by the LTX 2, so I’ll probably have to try to find a used replacement unless I want to replace all 4. These only have 8k on them though.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Turns out that the Defender LTX has been replaced by the LTX 2, so I’ll probably have to try to find a used replacement unless I want to replace all 4. These only have 8k on them though.
ya I ran into the same thing before but got lucky and found a suitable used replacement
take a tire depth gauge with you

the 18th letter

Full Access Member
Reaction score

If you can find one in stock someplace it will probably be discounted. PepBoys sold the discontinued tire I had to find which made it easy as the online inventory is usually pretty accurate ime.

Geotrash

Dave
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thank you Wes and Rammeh, fingers crossed! They made the Defender LTX version 1 for like 20+ years so there’s bound to be one out there somewhere.

@Doubeleive, do you remember off hand how much difference in tire diameter the AWD Denali can reliably tolerate? I seem to remember you mentioning this tidbit at some point.

89Suburban

Bull in the china shop
Supporting Member
Reaction score

View attachment 417125
View attachment 417126
Damn bro. I just had my spare pulled down last weekend just to make sure everything was kosher for a road trip I have to take to tonight to my brothers in Reading. And next weekend up to my sisters up past Hamburg.

I also have a long 1/2” extension that fits the knob on the winch perfectly. With I think a 9/16 8-point socket to drive the male end of it with my 1/2” lug wrench kit. Instead of that chinsy factory setup.

I even used my cordless impact to winch it back up.

Geotrash

Dave
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Damn bro. I just had my spare pulled down last weekend just to make sure everything was kosher for a road trip I have to take to tonight to my brothers in Reading. And next weekend up to my sisters up past Hamburg.

I also have a long 1/2” extension that fits the knob on the winch perfectly. With I think a 9/16 8-point socket to drive the male end of it with my 1/2” lug wrench kit. Instead of that chinsy factory setup.

I even used my cordless impact to winch it back up.
A very wise exercise, as I was reminded last evening!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rnfernandez1968