What did you do to your NNBS GMT900 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
the oem one's lasted me about 3 years from when I bought it, I then had them replaced with some magnaflows and those lasted me about 2 years, then I had these "catco" put on and they don't last a year. they run around $650 each, the magnaflows were $650 but have since doubled in price and are now $1200 each. Oem is around $4000+ for a "set" plus a core charge.
I have a history of making cat's go bad, they don't melt they just stop working. I don't even know how many I replaced on my 00 (several)
wierd thing is it only happens on my suv's, pickups seem to be setup different I guess
these are my options aside from a catco, has to be carb compliant they get under there and check the numbers
View attachment 429836
what sucks is AP has the market pretty much cornered on cat's they do business as API/Catco/Eastern, so magnaflow is basically there only competitor

j91z28d1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I should do a claim for mine as well, ordered them thru summit and it shows 5 years warranty.
are they requiring you to send them back? I still have that huge @ss box they came in

2 options, you can either send them back and when they get them and inspect them, they'll send you new ones. or they can bill you for new ones, when they get the old ones back refund the card. I went that way but I made sure to ask judging by the pics these aren't going to be denied after I pay for a 2nd set right? he said the damage in the pics are definitely covered. so I hope so.

I got mine thru the retrofit source.

I'll keep you updated.

blondie70

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just ordered a new steering position sensor, genuine GM.
Mine went out and now the traction control and stabilitrak is erroring out.
How did you find out it was the steering sensor? My stabilitrak etc is erroring out.

blondie70

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just ordered a new steering position sensor, genuine GM.
Mine went out and now the traction control and stabilitrak is erroring out.
Hi Grady...how did you find out it was the steering position sensor causing the stabilitrak to error out? Thanks

Grady_Wilson

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hi Grady...how did you find out it was the steering position sensor causing the stabilitrak to error out? Thanks
I used my Launch OBD II scanner and it came up with 3 codes related to the steering position sensor.
Those codes, combined with the fact that on initial startup, there are no errors on the DIC or the dash until the steering wheel is turned.
As soon as the steering wheel is turned at all, even without moving, the errors show on the DIC and the Traction Control light is lit on the dash.
A little bit of reading up on the codes, online, and some YT vids confirmed that a bad steering angle sensor will cause both systems to error out.

Hope this rambling explanation helps.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
2 options, you can either send them back and when they get them and inspect them, they'll send you new ones. or they can bill you for new ones, when they get the old ones back refund the card. I went that way but I made sure to ask judging by the pics these aren't going to be denied after I pay for a 2nd set right? he said the damage in the pics are definitely covered. so I hope so.

I got mine thru the retrofit source.

I'll keep you updated.
i might hold off on doing a return, mine are not all that bad and I still have some warranty time left I would rather wait and get some fresh ones at the end of the warranty

blondie70

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I used my Launch OBD II scanner and it came up with 3 codes related to the steering position sensor.
Those codes, combined with the fact that on initial startup, there are no errors on the DIC or the dash until the steering wheel is turned.
As soon as the steering wheel is turned at all, even without moving, the errors show on the DIC and the Traction Control light is lit on the dash.
A little bit of reading up on the codes, online, and some YT vids confirmed that a bad steering angle sensor will cause both systems to error out.

Hope this rambling explanation helps.
Yes it does, thank you. I don't have anything happen when I turn the steering wheel. Just got the constant "stabilitrak/traction control warning. Having no problems at all that I can detect...and it has been like this a long while.

j91z28d1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i might hold off on doing a return, mine are not all that bad and I still have some warranty time left I would rather wait and get some fresh ones at the end of the warranty

probably a good idea.

I don't see any bad reviews for other Morimoto replacement lights, the corvette guys buy them all the time and complain about everything. I feel like I'd see a lot of bad reviews if it was common for their products.

mine won't be parked in the sun as often now and I have some ppf wrap for them I never installed. so I might try that and see how they last.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tmds3