What did you do to your NNBS GMT900 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

j91z28d1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes it does, thank you. I don't have anything happen when I turn the steering wheel. Just got the constant "stabilitrak/traction control warning. Having no problems at all that I can detect...and it has been like this a long while.

easiest is to look at the steering angle data on the scanner and see if it moves with the wheel.

a decent scanner to see all the modules in the trucks can be had for under 100$ these days. it's really worth having something as these age.

Grady_Wilson

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yes it does, thank you. I don't have anything happen when I turn the steering wheel. Just got the constant "stabilitrak/traction control warning. Having no problems at all that I can detect...and it has been like this a long while.
Also, my scan tool showed no codes for the suspension system so it really is just that steering angle sensor.

Grady_Wilson

Supporting Member
Reaction score
the oem one's lasted me about 3 years from when I bought it, I then had them replaced with some magnaflows and those lasted me about 2 years, then I had these "catco" put on and they don't last a year. they run around $650 each, the magnaflows were $650 but have since doubled in price and are now $1200 each. Oem is around $4000+ for a "set" plus a core charge.
I have a history of making cat's go bad, they don't melt they just stop working. I don't even know how many I replaced on my 00 (several)
wierd thing is it only happens on my suv's, pickups seem to be setup different I guess
these are my options aside from a catco, has to be carb compliant they get under there and check the numbers
View attachment 429836
Boy, am I glad I will no longer need to worry about that nonsense when I am in Wyoming full time.
My Yukon is already registered in WY, it's my other cars that I will not need to worry about.
Zero smog tests and zero state inspections.

Last edited:
Reaction score
looks like I'm getting my headlights warranted out. so that's nice.

but how to keep the next set from going to crap in 2 years.

blah.

View attachment 429834View attachment 429833View attachment 429832

looks like that plastic crazing inside not just the normal fading
I purchased some of this McGuires Keep Clear spray I'm planning on trying on my lenses.

I have aftermarket one's I installed about 5 years ago that show some of the clear coat pealing off across the top. They're only $300 a set, so I'm either going to repair the clear on these ones or just buy new ones and then try that McGuires stuff on them.

I thought about buying those Morimotos, but looks like they might have UV problems with the lenses also.

Screenshot_20240607-070454_Amazon Shopping.jpg

j91z28d1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
never heard of the keep clear stuff. huh

yeah these are a bit expensive to not last a year before showing signs of getting eat up. the brand makes a tons of light for cars and trucks and is considered not the ebay stuff even thou I'm sure it's all China made. I expected better. we'll see how the new ones do.

when I bought a weather tech mat for the back I tossed these ppf in the cart just never got around to installing them. I think I'll put them on before replacing the lights and see if it helps with the uv.

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
never heard of the keep clear stuff. huh

yeah these are a bit expensive to not last a year before showing signs of getting eat up. the brand makes a tons of light for cars and trucks and is considered not the ebay stuff even thou I'm sure it's all China made. I expected better. we'll see how the new ones do.

when I bought a weather tech mat for the back I tossed these ppf in the cart just never got around to installing them. I think I'll put them on before replacing the lights and see if it helps with the uv.

This is the uv protector I used in my business. You mix a cap full each of the 2 small bottles. It's enough to do 1 set of headlights. You apply with a lint free towel. I gave a 1 yr guarantee on yellowing. Never got a call back. I actually used it on my aftermarket headlights on my Tahoe about 6-7 yrs ago and they still look good.

Screenshot_20240608_173901_Samsung Internet.jpgScreenshot_20240608_174130_Samsung Internet.jpg
If your headlights aren't new, you'd need to restore them 1st before applying it.

j91z28d1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is the uv protector I used in my business. You mix a cap full each of the 2 small bottles. It's enough to do 1 set of headlights. You apply with a lint free towel. I gave a 1 yr guarantee on yellowing. Never got a call back. I actually used it on my aftermarket headlights on my Tahoe about 6-7 yrs ago and they still look good.

View attachment 429971View attachment 429970
If your headlights aren't new, you'd need to restore them 1st before applying it.

so the first kit is the refeb stuff and the 45$ is the uv sealer?

lights showed up today, they would be fresh out of the box.

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
so the first kit is the refeb stuff and the 45$ is the uv sealer?

lights showed up today, they would be fresh out of the box.
Sorry I was a little confusing on my explanation. The large bottle is used 1st to clean as much of the yellowing off the headlights as possible, you then sand with different grits of sand paper with a palm sander, then buff with some plastic polish using a power buffer. After all that you then mix a bottle cap of each 4 Oz bottle--Clear Wipe and Clear Slicker--in a small cup, which you then apply on the lenses with a lintless cloth/towel being careful leaving no drops. Let it dry a few hours and they'll be good for a few years. Of course if you're doing new lights, you'll just need to mix the cap fulls and take it from there.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fireball17