What did you do to your NNBS GMT900 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

j91z28d1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
looks like I'm getting my headlights warranted out. so that's nice.

but how to keep the next set from going to crap in 2 years.

blah.

PXL_20240530_093657021.jpgPXL_20240530_124650028.jpgPXL_20240530_124806605.jpg

looks like that plastic crazing inside not just the normal fading

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
do you have over temp protection for the cats turned off in the tune? cause it really shouldn't matter how hard you drive the car. cat temp and life has to do with heat and their heat is controlled by the a/f. if cats can survive track days and race cars, you really shouldn't be able to hurt them unless you run leaded fuels?

cot you have to turn off while tuning, but if you're going to have them on the car it should be enabled after tuning. lot of tuners don't because they feel it's not needed and most high hp sports cars aren't driven daily and or only a few 1/4mile hits at a time. but they can melt them at their first track day if the tuner left it disabled.
No idea I'll have to ask bb

Reaction score
my '03 Silverados has like 280 something on it that I sold to my sister. It has original cats and I drove the s*** out of that one
Why do you have aftermarket cats? Did it come with them? Did your OE cats crap out and you had them replaced with these? Were they stolen?

89Suburban

Bull in the china shop
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My washer reservoir ran dry yesterday, and today I filled the reservoir with a freshly-opened gallon of juice. That's a pretty mundane thing to post in this thread, huh?

What I learned, though, is that the "dry to brimming" volume is about 4 oz shy of a gallon, so I'm stuck holding onto a not-quite-empty container. Grr...

A rear wiper line "Purge" may give you enough room to take that.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Why do you have aftermarket cats? Did it come with them? Did your OE cats crap out and you had them replaced with these? Were they stolen?
the oem one's lasted me about 3 years from when I bought it, I then had them replaced with some magnaflows and those lasted me about 2 years, then I had these "catco" put on and they don't last a year. they run around $650 each, the magnaflows were $650 but have since doubled in price and are now $1200 each. Oem is around $4000+ for a "set" plus a core charge.
I have a history of making cat's go bad, they don't melt they just stop working. I don't even know how many I replaced on my 00 (several)
wierd thing is it only happens on my suv's, pickups seem to be setup different I guess
these are my options aside from a catco, has to be carb compliant they get under there and check the numbers
magnaflow.JPG

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoeR4065