What did you do to your NNBS GMT900 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

j91z28d1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Struggling to get my O2 sensors out!

Any tips/tricks? Liquid wrench, wire brushed.. still tight!

I haven't even gotten the secondaries loose.. Primary O2 on driver side, above driveshaft, looks like a real pain! Do I need to remove driveshaft?
Struggling to pull the wiring plug off the chassis even! (plastic through hole mount).
Why did they make the sensor plug mount to chassis instead of the harness end?

I'm tired already!

don't disconnect them? Just lower it about a 1/4in? leave the bolts in, you're just trying to vent the exhaust.

mikez71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I maybe just lowering the pipe to test as j91z recommended!

I was going to gut them temporarily if clogged, but I have smog this year and dont feel like doing it twice..

The dang CARB ypipe is $2000! (or $1600 from rockauto for a ripply aftermarket one) Apparently CARB testing costs $1250 per unit! (non carb tested, carb compliant setup is ~$350)

Might be time to buy a beater backup car..

mikez71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
don't disconnect them? Just lower it about a 1/4in? leave the bolts in, you're just trying to vent the exhaust.

Yea I just wanted a visual confirm, figuring theres a good chance I need to pull it down anyway..

But its kicking my ass before I even started so.. If I need to spend the money for cats, Ill just buy new O2s.. so maybe I dont need to remove old O2s..

Just Fishing

Can't fix stupid
Reaction score
Struggling to get my O2 sensors out!

Any tips/tricks? Liquid wrench, wire brushed.. still tight!

I haven't even gotten the secondaries loose.. Primary O2 on driver side, above driveshaft, looks like a real pain! Do I need to remove driveshaft?
Struggling to pull the wiring plug off the chassis even! (plastic through hole mount).
Why did they make the sensor plug mount to chassis instead of the harness end?

I'm tired already!

Map gas torch.

mikez71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Currently struggling to loosen at the manifolds. Had the breaker on the one nut that is reachable without wobble adapter. Nope!
Don't want to break.. Gonna soak them. Didn't because I lost the straw on my liquid wrench.. I'll use a brush.. I'll get there eventually..
Got cleaned up so I'm taking a break now!

Thanks for all the help! Be a day or two before next update..

BTW, has anybody ever check engine load at idle on their Tech2?

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Currently struggling to loosen at the manifolds. Had the breaker on the one nut that is reachable without wobble adapter. Nope!
Don't want to break.. Gonna soak them. Didn't because I lost the straw on my liquid wrench.. I'll use a brush.. I'll get there eventually..

Yes it always seems high for just idling, been a minute since I did but I think mine was around the same as your shows. maybe someone else can check and or confirm the same

j91z28d1

Full Access Member
Reaction score

ouch. are you up north where stuff is rushy?

if not I was going to say hit it with an impact. the shock tends to help, but if you're in the rust belt. I don't deal with that stuff and it seems to he a whole different world

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hawkeye1