What did you do to your NNBS GMT900 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sparksalot

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Currently struggling to loosen at the manifolds. Had the breaker on the one nut that is reachable without wobble adapter. Nope!
Don't want to break.. Gonna soak them. Didn't because I lost the straw on my liquid wrench.. I'll use a brush.. I'll get there eventually..
Got cleaned up so I'm taking a break now!

Thanks for all the help! Be a day or two before next update..

BTW, has anybody ever check engine load at idle on their Tech2?
Load in what regard? I’ve not done it with a tech2, but my scangauge usually shows around 16hp at idle.

Grady_Wilson

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I maybe just lowering the pipe to test as j91z recommended!

I was going to gut them temporarily if clogged, but I have smog this year and dont feel like doing it twice..

The dang CARB ypipe is $2000! (or $1600 from rockauto for a ripply aftermarket one) Apparently CARB testing costs $1250 per unit! (non carb tested, carb compliant setup is ~$350)

Might be time to buy a beater backup car..
One of the great things about moving to a Free State is never having to deal with smog and CARB BS.
My Yukon had its last smog check when I bought it last year.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Got it back finally seems to be running fine but I would be lying if I said I wasn't scared to get on it even if it doesn't need a break in period lol, going give it a couple hundred miles first.
Putting the mirror motor on that I pulled from the junkyard, tested it and it works. It is noisier than the original but I can live with that, not like I am sitting here turning the mirror in & out all day long1000006141.jpg

mikez71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ouch. are you up north where stuff is rushy?

if not I was going to say hit it with an impact. the shock tends to help, but if you're in the rust belt. I don't deal with that stuff and it seems to he a whole different world
Nope, I'm in sunny CARBifornia!
just dry surface rust! Easy as it gets.. shoulda been easy.. will try again tomorrow morn..

Definately considering an electric impact wrench.. when I REALLY need it.. (had one, stolen decades ago!)

mikez71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Load in what regard? I’ve not done it with a tech2, but my scangauge usually shows around 16hp at idle.
Hmm.. 16hp out of a total 320.. seems like it SHOULD be 5%!
Maybe it's 16hp compared to max power at 500rpms?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hawkeye1