What did you do to your NNBS GMT900 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Geotrash

Dave
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Getting ready to get back on the road.
Stayed overnight in Utah, Yukon got warmer than I liked pulling long grades in 115* heat.
Would sometimes get to the 3/4 matk but would come right back down very quickly. May have to invest in a radiator just to see if that makes any difference.
Didn't get warm at all in temps under 100* pulling grades.
I've got the biggest trailer U Haul rents behind me and it's packed so I know there is weight behind me, I can feel it.
Though it tows nicely and will do 70mph no problem, feels solid.
Calif gas gave me 10mpg while out of state gas is giving me 12.7mpg.
Pretty normal for these, unfortunately. A new radiator may help cool it a bit more, but pulling a heavy wind-sail trailer they do heat up a little bit in temps that hot.

Geotrash

Dave
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Drove the '07 for 650 miles up to Jim Thorpe, PA and back for a good friend's funeral. Sad reason for the trip but it was good to see some people I don't get to see enough.

As always, I felt rich driving such a comfortable, capable vehicle. I've said it before and I'll say it again: there is no better road trip rig on the planet. Averaged 17 mpg for the trip.

1722962592557.png

Raptor Tahoe

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think he means like mine, the chrome is loose and will flake off eventually. looking every worse.
That’s why I chose Raptor paint for my chrome coverup. Sand the flaking chrome, use the adhesion spray and coat with Raptor. Raptor covers the chrome with a strong layer of paint that doesn’t allow the chrome to flake off. I chose matte black… on everything! Except the Black Rhino wheels. I like their color and finish.

Reaction score
Taking a break. I have the seat out and all apart and just got done cleaning the heat/cool pad that lays between the foam and cover.

After getting the seat disconnected and out of vehicle and all the trim panels off I realized I couldn't get access to one of the side tabs that holds the cover on because stuff was in the way and the seat needed to be raised, so I put in back in and plugged in the main harness and the side trim that has the controls so I could raise the seat about halfway up.

Found out that you don't want it all the way up because then part of the track blocks the latch that secures the main harness plug to the seat and you can't unplug it, lol.

BTW, these power everything seats are heavy

20240806_134738.jpg

20240806_142853.jpg

20240806_144544.jpg

20240806_150844.jpg

20240806_150852.jpg

89Suburban

Bull in the china shop
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Taking a break. I have the seat out and all apart and just got done cleaning the heat/cool pad that lays between the foam and cover.

After getting the seat disconnected and out of vehicle and all the trim panels off I realized I couldn't get access to one of the side tabs that holds the cover on because stuff was in the way and the seat needed to be raised, so I put in back in and plugged in the main harness and the side trim that has the controls so I could raise the seat about halfway up.

Found out that you don't want it all the way up because then part of the track blocks the latch that secures the main harness plug to the seat and you can't unplug it, lol.

BTW, these power everything seats are heavy

View attachment 434638

View attachment 434639

View attachment 434640

View attachment 434641

View attachment 434642

And those inner seat frames are fkn sharp as hell too watch your hands.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MattR