What did you do to your NNBS GMT900 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

j91z28d1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Why is my post above with more pics waiting for moderator approval?

are your seats cooled? I can't see the holes in the pic, I'm curious because mine doesn't really have any air come out of them and I'd love to fix it if could.

89Suburban

Bull in the china shop
Supporting Member
Reaction score
For some reason the official Dorman website has the wrong stud specs, and if you order what they say fits the heads of an LS you'll have a bad time.

I brought a manifold bolt into AutoZone to compare, and the "official" Dorman parts are 1.5 thread pitch, but an LS head is 1.25 (metric).
Why not the ARP bolts always recommended here? Just curious still trying to learn ways of the Jedi’s here I read about and compare notes.

j91z28d1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Why not the ARP bolts always recommended here? Just curious still trying to learn ways of the Jedi’s here I read about and compare notes.

locking nuts on studs into soft aluminum threads.

arp bolts are nice but the aluminum threads are the limiting tq factor and nothing to keep them tight over time but tq. even if you used a split lock washer under it, the spring is killed by the heat over time.

the studs are 10.8 rated, crimp lock nuts, hex top for easy install and removal.

I personally use them over bolts on anything I need m8 1.25 on that they fit.

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Why is my post above with more pics waiting for moderator approval?

Random selection by the forum software. Don't take it personally. (I see that someone must have approved it, since it's no longer waiting.) If the message has a URL or a pic in it, the software might flag it.

Carry on.

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Taking a break. I have the seat out and all apart and just got done cleaning the heat/cool pad that lays between the foam and cover.

After getting the seat disconnected and out of vehicle and all the trim panels off I realized I couldn't get access to one of the side tabs that holds the cover on because stuff was in the way and the seat needed to be raised, so I put in back in and plugged in the main harness and the side trim that has the controls so I could raise the seat about halfway up.

Found out that you don't want it all the way up because then part of the track blocks the latch that secures the main harness plug to the seat and you can't unplug it, lol.

BTW, these power everything seats are heavy

View attachment 434638

View attachment 434639

View attachment 434640

View attachment 434641

View attachment 434642

How come you grabbed all the change before taking a pic? ;)

Reaction score
How come you grabbed all the change before taking a pic? ;)
There was no change. There were some old fries though and a crumpled up straw wrapper. I did get a pair of those "drop stop" things for Christmas 2 or 3 years ago and they help a lot. I've dropped my phone and keys before between the seat and console and the keys fell under the seat track and were a pain to retrieve.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dustin Road