What did you do to your NNBS GMT900 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mikez71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I remember having codes for my tilt sensor when that was the culprit..
Since you got liftgate open messages, I would guess it to be the hatch or the glass..

Seems like they share the AJAR signal the more I look at it..
liftgate.png

Reaction score
Well I just got home from running some errands and it hasn't done anything weird. Hope that by opening both liftgate and the glass and making sure nothing was hindering it's closing and also spraying the latch mechanism with GM multipurpose lubricant fixed the problem.

My wife said I probably picked up a ghost, lol.

Oh, and the message on the DIC says "Rear Access Open" and not Liftgate Adjar or anything like that, so just kinda vague.

bobsburban

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got a full transmission service/flush and installed the backup Cold-Case aluminum radiator in the 2500 'Burb this week. Wife noted the need for shocks as we drove to and from a gathering last night. They were next on the list anyway.

Put the 1500 up for sale. We shall see. I'd like to recoup two-thirds of what I paid for the 2500 and if not that, at least cover the cost of the new gutter guards...

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well I just got home from running some errands and it hasn't done anything weird. Hope that by opening both liftgate and the glass and making sure nothing was hindering it's closing and also spraying the latch mechanism with GM multipurpose lubricant fixed the problem.

My wife said I probably picked up a ghost, lol.

Oh, and the message on the DIC says "Rear Access Open" and not Liftgate Adjar or anything like that, so just kinda vague.
you can determine which one it is saying by opening either the hatch or the glass and then go put it in drive

mikez71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yep, if you look at the diagram, the two signals are spliced together...

liftgateajar.png

If it keeps happening, you could unplug one of the ajar switches to test, as the other will still work.
I would be especially careful with the wiper while disabled.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Yep, if you look at the diagram, the two signals are spliced together...

View attachment 435055

If it keeps happening, you could unplug one of the ajar switches to test, as the other will still work.
I would be especially careful with the wiper while disabled.
Is the ajar switch separate from the closure mechanism or is it in the mechanism and just has a separate wire connector?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dustin Road