What did you do to your NNBS GMT900 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Seems like that would bleed off some of the metered air going into the engine.. (blowby)
The intake 'clean' side being open would let unmetered air into the engine.

What would venting actually do?..

Maybe the fuel trims vary a little more?
So long as the blowby is consistent, perhaps it runs as well as stock? (without the oil ingestion)
last night I was reading a little more about it on a old thread on another forum, I guess it has no real benefit but maybe it depends on your build

randeez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
so you run it open? have ton looked at your fuel trims? mine go crazy if I just forget to put the clean size at the air box back on. I'm curious what venting it does.
sorry i was just commenting about the top "open filter" and how it acts not open all the time.
mine is a large turbo, aftermarket intake, motion raceworks valve covers set up... more of a cake and eat it too situation, i wasnt real confident it would work but had to try with the best catch cans i could find. I have tried to mimic the factory routing. 10ans welded to the factory valve covers still blew abunch of oil out, pulling from the valley cover also resulted in a lot of oil. would pull vacuum from intake after throttle body with check valves at each can.
currently its just 10an off each valve cover to its own catchcan, probably going to up them to 12an when i get around to it. mine is more for crank case ventilation, the only reason i was trying to run a pcv was because i do street drive it more often than not but the smell/fumes arent that noticeable

j91z28d1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
sorry i was just commenting about the top "open filter" and how it acts not open all the time.
mine is a large turbo, aftermarket intake, motion raceworks valve covers set up... more of a cake and eat it too situation, i wasnt real confident it would work but had to try with the best catch cans i could find. I have tried to mimic the factory routing. 10ans welded to the factory valve covers still blew abunch of oil out, pulling from the valley cover also resulted in a lot of oil. would pull vacuum from intake after throttle body with check valves at each can.
currently its just 10an off each valve cover to its own catchcan, probably going to up them to 12an when i get around to it. mine is more for crank case ventilation, the only reason i was trying to run a pcv was because i do street drive it more often than not but the smell/fumes arent that noticeable

ahh that makes sense that you're in a totally different Realm than our stock trucks.

back in the day they used to sell weld into the exhaust collectors big like 3/4in vac ports, so the Venturi effect or whatever it's called would cause a vac at high rpm and suck the crank case pressure out of the engine. helps the rings seal have read. but yeah.

I've seen race cars with 2 big catch cans inline to catch all the oil and then vented to atmosphere, I guess big boost and especially alcohol fuels cause a ton of blow by and thin the oil quickly. so it's ******* cans.

j91z28d1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
last night I was reading a little more about it on a old thread on another forum, I guess it has no real benefit but maybe it depends on your build

well the blow by you're trying to reburn is already be used, so your pvc system is really a bit of a exhaust gas recirculation. so in theory if you didn't route the pvc back into the intake, you'd get slightly more fresh air charge on the intake stroke. but how much effects that has on a daily driver that isn't trying to make a lot of power all the time, I don't know

Grady_Wilson

Supporting Member
Reaction score
well the blow by you're trying to reburn is already be used, so your pvc system is really a bit of a exhaust gas recirculation. so in theory if you didn't route the pvc back into the intake, you'd get slightly more fresh air charge on the intake stroke. but how much effects that has on a daily driver that isn't trying to make a lot of power all the time, I don't know
Running the PCV back into the intake is solely an emissions deal.
That is why no race applications do it, they just vent it out to the atmosphere.
Cars had blow by tubes that dumped under the car up into the mid 50's before they started running them back into the intake.

j91z28d1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They always make it look so easy

that they do. I have learned to polish clear pretty well thou from YouTube but it takes a long time.

my thoughts going in is if I'm not going to a body shop, then how much worse can I make it anyways. along as it seals enough to keep it from rusting, it was worth the try

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aj124

Latest posts