What did you do to your NNBS GMT900 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Some jerkface broke into my car at our Airbnb over the weekend. They stole a few things like a high-end IFAK/first-aid kit and my freaking AutoCAL V3. I had just cut the foam out of an Apache 2800 case to hold the scanner and cables on Thursday, and wanted to bring the scanner with me because I flashed a new update tune Thurday night (basically a v2 of the 50lb injector tune, with some tweaks, and 91+ octane version & TCM tune) and loaded the v1 tune just in case there were any hiccups on our ~400 mile trip up through Maine, and back. (new tune works great, btw).

So, if anyone knows where a cheap, used, AutoCAL V3 can be sourced, and if I can mate the hardware to my tune files, that'd be great*. I emailed BBP about sourcing a replacement, and I'm going to reach out to my insurance to see how hard they laugh about covering the other stuff.

I bet they thought the Apache case was a gun or something.
worth every penny, pair with a glass break sensor, tilt sensor, smart start pro and you get text alert, email alert, app alert, gps tracking, digital fence and worldwide coverage.
hell if you don't have kids running around all the time you can add a motion sensor and know if anyone even walked by it.
I added a big flashing multi led inside so if anyone looks in the window they will know it has a alarm and that alone is likely to send them off to easier prey.
got tired of having my shit stolen left & right. Haven't had a break in since. been at least 15 years or more. I did have the rear hatch glass shot with a bb gun, alarm went off and they skittered or it was just random kids ******* around. Have this on all 3 vehicles, had it on the previous 3 as well. the motion sensor can be a real pita if you have kids though.

89Suburban

Bull in the china shop
Supporting Member
Reaction score
so, you pulled out the rear ac control and there is a just a hole there now?
No I put a dummy panel in it. Somebody told me if you install the headphones in that jack on that panel it cuts off all the rear speakers? So n that case it would do the same if that whole panel was unplugged I guess? I never messed with the rear panel.

mikez71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would think that the panel unplugged *should* be like headphones unplugged as well..

The front tweeters are connected to the front speakers.
So if your left tweeter works but not your speaker, then maybe the speaker is bad or the connector/wiring is loose.

89Suburban

Bull in the china shop
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I would think that the panel unplugged *should* be like headphones unplugged as well..

So if your left tweeter works but not your speaker, then maybe the speaker is bad or the connector/wiring is loose.

Is it possible to jimmy wire it at the plugs for it to bypass it? Just to get the rear speakers working? Or does it have something to do with powering things up? I'm ready to say fk it and run a stand alone harness and bypass all this b/s.

mikez71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
maybe.. your rear audio does need jumping..

rsajump.png

Looks like it is between the radio and amp for the rear speakers..

Last edited:

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score

are you sure? on the gmt800's it was that way but on these trucks the pillar speakers have there own wiring
on the 800's the tweeter was in the door panel and the wire just extended up to the tweeter with a tiny filter soldered to the backside.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
No I put a dummy panel in it. Somebody told me if you install the headphones in that jack on that panel it cuts off all the rear speakers? So n that case it would do the same if that whole panel was unplugged I guess? I never messed with the rear panel.
I could be wrong but I think that rear control has to be connected or you loose the rear speakers, not sure about the front door speakers though.
search way back on the forum this has come up before but it's been a good while

mikez71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
are you sure? on the gmt800's it was that way but on these trucks the pillar speakers have there own wiring
on the 800's the tweeter was in the door panel and the wire just extended up to the tweeter with a tiny filter soldered to the backside.
Looks like the door speakers connect in parallel on the tweeter connector.
Also looks like you can check for signal to the doors in the dash end fuse panels..
07frtspeaker.png

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ScottMM