What did you do to your NNBS GMT900 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

the_tool_man

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What’s wrong with this picture?

View attachment 348717
This a first for me; a multicolored pair of forceps in the tire. And yes, they went all the way through.

What’s the strangest thing you’ve had in a tire?
A few years ago, one of the tires on my wife's car developed a slow leak. After investigating, I found what I though was a wire nail stuck in the tread. I couldn't get it pulled out to plug it, so I took it to a tire shop. They dismounted the tire and found about half of a wire clothes hanger INSIDE the tire. The other end of the hangar had eroded a spot on the inside of the tire, exposing the belts. Had to replace that one.

alpha_omega

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got rear ended a few months ago....had the 8"drop hitch in. Not a scratch on the truck but bent the hitch and receiver hole was sloppy.
Got a new hitch, ball and Factory brand new receiver. Glad I had that hitch in to take one for the team!!!
I’m not sure about other states, but I found out a while back that it’s “illegal” to drive in Michigan with a hitch in the receiver without having something in tow. I’ve never seen it enforced and would happily pay the ticket if I got one after being hit from the rear.

Glad to hear things went well with your bump and replacement.

wsteele

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A million years ago when I was just starting out, I worked in a tire shop. A guy brought a 13 inch wheel and tire off his Vega to get repaired. It had a wrench thru the tire, yep, 9/16 1/2 open end comb wrench. He had changed oil, and backed over the wrench. The tire gods where all in line, and the 1/2 open end went into the tire...

We sold him a new tire... put that one in the waiting room as a display...
Does sound like he had the gods against him, he bought a Vega after all. :)

alpha_omega

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What’s wrong with this picture?

What’s the strangest thing you’ve had in a tire?
Worst for me was a 3-1/2” decking screw. How it missed doing any damage to the wheel is anyone’s guess.
Technically the “worst” would have been Christmas Eve morning and the front tires got filled with freshly paved asphalt, parts from the lead HMMWV and shrapnel from a 105mm pressure mine cobbled together by some dust ninja. Out of eleven of us, I was the only one who “walked” away from that event.

alpha_omega

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That just suck. For me it was a 3”
Round Pc of rebar
That will ruin your day any damage to the wheel?

When I was 15 or 16 I worked for this guy roofing houses in a new subdivision and he kept coming up with excuses why he couldn’t pay me. Long story short I kept a XL box of 10d ring shank nails on the floorboard of my Typhoon and would chuck a handful out to feed his driveway each time I passed by. D*¢k move on my part, but I was young and dumb. My hope was he ended up spending more in tires than what owed me and would think twice about screwing anyone over. Karma is a Beæ¢h with one hell of a good GPS, she will find you no matter where you turn, so be nice to people.

The whole point of that ramble was that I’m glad I didn’t think about chucking rebar out the window. I dont remember where it came from, but I do have an 11lb piece of “Karma” that I keep tucked under the passenger seat.

*no dobermans were harmed in the making of this reply*image.jpg
image.jpg

MajorJakkov

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Worst for me was a 3-1/2” decking screw. How it missed doing any damage to the wheel is anyone’s guess.
Technically the “worst” would have been Christmas Eve morning and the front tires got filled with freshly paved asphalt, parts from the lead HMMWV and shrapnel from a 105mm pressure mine cobbled together by some dust ninja. Out of eleven of us, I was the only one who “walked” away from that event.
I'm sorry to hear that man. I hope you know there are still people in this country that appreciate the sacrifices you and your friends have made over the years.

Worst one for me was a roofing screw on the second day I owned the truck...less than 70 miles on the odometer...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rnfernandez1968