What did you do to your NNBS GMT900 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

George B

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Spray it with purple power, hose it off, wipe it all down so it's clean as a whistle, tighten it up and then check it daily or weekly to see if it still leaks I think there is a o-ring in there not 100% sure, could be the actuator leaking internally. @George B can confirm he just worked on his recently.
@Mickey_7106
The actuator is sealed to the axle with thread sealant. There is no gasket or seal. I would clean up the area, remove the actuator and reseal it. I used liquid PTFE pipe thread sealant but I think you could use some gear lube rated silicone sealant too. Clean it all up real well and monitor it.

Just Fishing

Can't fix stupid
Reaction score
I just put one in mine from Seat shop. I hated it at first but it's breaking in and feeling better now after 2 months. I need the one for the seat back now and can't find one. That is worn down to the steel supports. :(

That's what i was thinking it would be like, Hard.

"denser longer lasting foam" screwed me when I replaced all of the seals in the ol vette.
What it meant is my doors no longer shut slickly, I have to give them a bit of a slam...
and it meant I needed to upgrade the window regulators to have more power to overcome the "Dence foam"

I'm seeing the same thing happen with my rear end. :confused:
:thumbsdown:

:yaoface2:

and yeah, I didn't see anything available for the seat back...
Not that I need it really, I just want to fluff the seat up a bit.

Last edited:
Reaction score
That's what i was thinking it would be like, Hard.

"denser longer lasting foam" screwed me when I replaced all of the seals in the ol vette.
What it meant is my doors no longer shut slickly, I have to give them a bit of a slam...
and it meant I needed to upgrade the window regulators to have more power to overcome the "Dence foam"

I'm seeing the same thing happen with my read end. :confused:
:thumbsdown:

:yaoface2:

and yeah, I didn't see anything available for the seat back...
Not that I need it really, I just want to fluff the seat up a bit.
What, you don't like your rear end taking a bit of a slam?

Lol

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have an E85 station 1.6 miles from my house. On my 5.3 i can barely notice any performance gains other than lower fuel economy. It's pretty random when i decide to fill up on it. I think you'll get better results by adding one of those sensors that continuously measure ethanol content.

I tried it once and my "virtual" sensor stayed around 21-23%. I confirmed the actual alcohol content of that fuel (sampled from the fuel rail) to be something like 65%. The PCM will only adjust for what percentage it sees, making it a waste. I plan to install a real sensor one day.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I tried it once and my "virtual" sensor stayed around 21-23%. I confirmed the actual alcohol content of that fuel sampled from the fuel rail) to be something like 65%. The PCM will only adjust for what percentage it sees, making it a waste. I plan to install a real sensor one day.
I've tested mine before and it was within 3%. Virtual sensor said like 67% and actually it was 70%

I wonder what causes it to be off as much as yours was. Someone else had that problem too, can't remember who though.

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've tested mine before and it was within 3%. Virtual sensor said like 67% and actually it was 70%

I wonder what causes it to be off as much as yours was. Someone else had that problem too, can't remember who though.

Yup. IIRC, theirs was reading around 22% as well. I never looked into it any further. My first step should probably be to reset it and start from scratch. But, if a Tech 2 or bi-directional scanner is the only way to do this, then I'm out.

RooTBeeRthe1st

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I tried it once and my "virtual" sensor stayed around 21-23%. I confirmed the actual alcohol content of that fuel (sampled from the fuel rail) to be something like 65%. The PCM will only adjust for what percentage it sees, making it a waste. I plan to install a real sensor one day.
Real sensors pretty darn easy to do, just takes a few hundred bucks, some companies make kits, basically plug and Play.

I had that issue last year some time.
Resetting the sensor didn't do anything. It was pissed off and kept reading way lower than it should, causing it to run lean and piss off the fuel trims and throw light.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DMCO

Latest posts