What did you do to your NNBS GMT900 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Actually, I don't think I've ever seen a turn signal hyperflash so I'm not sure how fast this hyperflash is.

I do know the LED teardrop taillights on the '33 hotrod can be selected with a jumper on the backside to work as normal or to flash twice then stay solid when the brakes are pressed. It's supposed to be more visible/safe/eye catching.

RooTBeeRthe1st

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the resistance is not enough with the higher voltage, DRL runs on slightly less power
I just realized, this uses the same six LEDs for the clearance light as it does for the turn signal. So when the clearance lights are on and being powered, then the turn signal is triggered it's just adding more power to brighten them up and flash them so that's when it thinks that the bulb is burnt out and hyper flashes.
Amazon just ordered some plug-in resistors so I'm going to pop that in and see if it does the trick for now.
ordered Auxito led turn signal etc. bulbs. I hope they work good with no problems.
I went with these Amazon bulbs.
My alpha Rex headlights use a different bulb and the OE Tahoe lights.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220429-132454.png
    Screenshot_20220429-132454.png
    246.7 KB · Views: 1
Reaction score
I just realized, this uses the same six LEDs for the clearance light as it does for the turn signal. So when the clearance lights are on and being powered, then the turn signal is triggered it's just adding more power to brighten them up and flash them so that's when it thinks that the bulb is burnt out and hyper flashes.
Amazon just ordered some plug-in resistors so I'm going to pop that in and see if it does the trick for now.

I went with these Amazon bulbs.
My alpha Rex headlights use a different bulb and the OE Tahoe lights.
You have clearance lights on the top of your truck?

RooTBeeRthe1st

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Actually, I don't think I've ever seen a turn signal hyperflash so I'm not sure how fast this hyperflash is.

I do know the LED teardrop taillights on the '33 hotrod can be selected with a jumper on the backside to work as normal or to flash twice then stay solid when the brakes are pressed. It's supposed to be more visible/safe/eye catching.
It's obnoxious.
You have clearance lights on the top of your truck?
No, sorry. "Marker lights" "running lights" "parking lights"

RooTBeeRthe1st

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Fixed it(for now) with Amazon next day plug in resistors.

Now I have to figure out how/where to stow this monstrosity.

Attachments

• IMG_20220429_140409494.jpg
    IMG_20220429_140409494.jpg
    381 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:

RooTBeeRthe1st

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had one like that on my yukon I mounted it here, not sure if there is clearance on the chevys
View attachment 369273
Not sure if I have clearance there either, I just tied it up on that mounting point for the headlight harness, there's nothing there between the fender liner and the core support so they're just hanging in free air essentially.
I know they get hot as hell.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DMCO