What did you do to your NNBS GMT900 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hard to beat a $16 fuel injector
hard to beat a $16 new OEM injector, that's not a knock off, I think the dealer price is $80-90 each maybe more
last time i bought a set of coils they had screen printed "herko" on them but they were still clearly oem
some of the injectors I bought before had the oem part stamp ground off with a hand tool or something, they must have had a run in with GM's lawyers because of the pricing is my guess

Last edited:

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This likely needs its own thread...but holy fk this isn't a diesel...despite someone putting about 10gallons of diesel in it.

Anyone have a recommendation for replacement injectors for a 2012 5.3? About 700$ on RA for oem delcos... Either a quality aftermarket upgrade (more juice is fine if it expedites the process, knowing more injector is completely unnecessary) or "as good as" in quality that maybe I can save a few pennies on and get faster...

I might need a new fpump and other stuff too...but for now...

It's been a very rough week for me.
I don't think you need new injectors, it takes a lot to kill them. Just keep driving it and putting another tank or two of gas through it and things should be just as they were before.

If you did buy new injectors, save the old GM originals and consider sending them out to be cleaned and put them back in so that Chicom garbage doesn't strand you.

Whatever's going on in life, take a breather, slow down and put the Lord first.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't think you need new injectors, it takes a lot to kill them. Just keep driving it and putting another tank or two of gas through it and things should be just as they were before.

If you did buy new injectors, save the old GM originals and consider sending them out to be cleaned and put them back in so that Chicom garbage doesn't strand you.

Whatever's going on in life, take a breather, slow down and put the Lord first.
the injectors I linked are oem, even if they do not explicitly state that they are.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah I'm not sure of all the details. All I know is "it fit but not all the way down" and this was at the "first pump right by the entrance" and "selected 87" were things that happened.

Tank drain, oil change, fuel/inj cleaner, 93 added and it idled for about 3 hours yesterday. Drove it for about 70 miles, wot on occasion, and stopped/started the engine in the middle of it. It sat for about 1.5 hours and started a tad rough but cleared up right away and drove fine the rest of the night.

This morning it would not start/run. Injector cleaner added and carb cleaner directly on the TB got it sputtering enough to keep the rpms up and burn thru about 30k miles worth of engine life until it would idle lol

I need to get piece of mind back to trust it so new Injectors and fuel filter at least, maybe a fpump or both? Idk.

Maybe I let it idle for an hour and then go trade it in and call it a loss and lick the family's wounds.

Biiiig contemplation day haha
Damn. Good luck.

89Suburban

Bull in the china shop
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Love the new stance with the rims.

Thanks man! Yeah I'm still getting used to but but I love it! Easier to get in and out, rides better. Really nice to take 6 lugs off instead of 12 if you follow me. Don't miss those center caps plastic lugs at all! Screw those alum rims. These are buttery smooth on the highway. :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
racolson