What did you do to your NNBS GMT900 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

89Suburban

Bull in the china shop
Supporting Member
Reaction score
They didn’t go to FWD until the mid 80’s some cadi’s not until the 90’s. That car drove like a boat on the water. Even at 75mph you just floated down the road…smooth as butter. Yes that 7.0lt V8 425 had some good tq, but it need to with a curb weight in excess of 4,000lbs.
I remember before my old man took it to the scrap yard…I can’t even tell this story without laughing. He opened every area he could find and filled it with water from the garden hose. By the time it was pulled up on the scales with the forklift, the guy was like “oh I see why you’re getting rid of this old thing, it sure is leaking.” My old man said, “yep…Like a boat on the water. It’s been sitting for a while though.”

I sure miss that guy. Nothing like telling an old story to get you all emotional before the morning is over. Damnit….

ahh the good. old. days.. they are strict at the scrap years these days. they'd rescale it for him haha. scrap prices are really good right now. we've been running some down from work and we got shop lunch money for the month haha.

funny how we used to think 4k lbs was a land yacht but today 4k lbs is a mid size truck with way less tq. even my should be light weight yukon even thou I didn't get the aluminum hood the Tahoe did, is probably over 5k haha and sure doesn't ride like them old cars did. even with fancy electronic shocks.

some reason I thought they went fwd in the 70s, like one of the first to do it. I'll have to Google

You're probably thinking of the Eldorado. Think they went to fwd in the mid to late 60's, along with the Toronado.

All this FWD caddy talk I see in here then I stumble across this.

1690769879437.png

pwtr02ss

Full Access Member
Reaction score
View attachment 405154View attachment 405155
So many new things to play with and no time to do so. Maybe by Thursday or Friday I will get a chance to play with the Denali some more.
I need to go catch up on some mowing after the more than 4” of rainfall we had last week. Not to mention that it’s time for annual maintenance on my 3046R (fluids and x7 new filters - oil, hydraulic/trans, fuel x2, air x3), plus the mower gearbox fluid and x3 new blades.
So…it sounds more like Friday before the truck is back inside. To be continued…
I don't envy you at all. I just made up two lines for the Camaro and while not difficult, extremely time consuming. Whatcha workin on?

the_tool_man

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just noticed I've got a headlight bulb out. I'm getting 13-14 months out of incandescent bulbs. I've tried Sylvania Silverstar, PIAA XTreme White and most recently these very yellowish Philips X-treme Vision, which are supposed to last longer, but don't apparently. It wouldn't be a big deal if a bulb swap wasn't an hour process. Ugh.

It's not a bulb this time. The headlight illuminates when the Yukon is in drive and it's dark enough (from what I can see reflected off whatever I'm following). During the day, when the bulb should be illuminated for DRL, it's off. So it's an electrical issue in the DRL circuit, I think. Hopefully it's just a dirty connector. Either way, I have to dig into it this weekend. Oh joy!

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's not a bulb this time. The headlight illuminates when the Yukon is in drive and it's dark enough (from what I can see reflected off whatever I'm following). During the day, when the bulb should be illuminated for DRL, it's off. So it's an electrical issue in the DRL circuit, I think. Hopefully it's just a dirty connector. Either way, I have to dig into it this weekend. Oh joy!
when the drl is on it is at slightly lower voltage than when it is in headlight mode. that could be a potential problem alone depending on the bulb used.
I am not sure of the voltage but I would guess probably 10v for drl and 12 when headlight. when it switches modes you can hear the relay click over

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahcooley32

Latest posts