What did you do to your NNBS GMT900 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Project Workshop

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Installed my Fox 2.5's briefly. With the preload set this low we are still almost maxed out. Was hoping to bring the truck down a half inch from where it sat with the 2.0's and instead raised almost an inch. Took measurements and they are back in the box en route to Accutune for 600lb spring swap and a re-tune.

The good news is I've gotten pretty quick at removing and installing the front shocks with all this practice haha.

Attachments

• 20231031_190434657_iOS.jpg
    20231031_190434657_iOS.jpg
    329.7 KB · Views: 6
  • 20231031_190503547_iOS.jpg
    20231031_190503547_iOS.jpg
    487.2 KB · Views: 6

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Installed my Fox 2.5's briefly. With the preload set this low we are still almost maxed out. Was hoping to bring the truck down a half inch from where it sat with the 2.0's and instead raised almost an inch. Took measurements and they are back in the box en route to Accutune for 600lb spring swap and a re-tune.

The good news is I've gotten pretty quick at removing and installing the front shocks with all this practice haha.
where do you go off-road ?

Project Workshop

Supporting Member
Reaction score
where do you go off-road ?
I have family out near Stoddard Wells so we spend the majority of our time out there roaming around and taking the kids rock hounding. We've also explored a few trails in the mountains. I always recommend Burns Canyon. Mellow trail that transitions from mountain to desert, whole family loved it.

Other than that I always try to find something for us to explore on the TrailsOffroad app when we are on vacation or on day trips. Last year we had the opportunity to see some beautiful trails in Arizona.

NOPROBROBB

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not a fan of the glossy wood so I started to work on covering it up with a vinyl wrap. Wasn’t sure what to use since I’m trying to get rid of fake wood and am not crazy with a fake carbon fiber all over either. This was a bit glossier than I was hoping but feel like it turned out pretty good. Now just got to get all the door switch bezels done.

Edit: this is what I used if interested. VViViD Black Stealth Plaid... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0B7ZGHK19?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share

Attachments

• IMG_7118.jpeg
    IMG_7118.jpeg
    416.6 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_7119.jpeg
    IMG_7119.jpeg
    469.8 KB · Views: 10
Last edited:

Sparksalot

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not a fan of the glossy wood so I started to work on covering it up with a vinyl wrap. Wasn’t sure what to use since I’m trying to get rid of fake wood and am not crazy with a fake carbon fiber all over either. This was a bit glossier than I was hoping but feel like it turned out pretty good. Now just got to get all the door switch bezels done.
That looks pretty cool.

Just Fishing

Can't fix stupid
Reaction score

I need this but in plaid. :think:

Project Workshop

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Love this! Would you mind sharing a link to the vinyl? Not a fan of the fake wood either.

RooTBeeRthe1st

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is it safe to assume that the LT starters are more robust for doing stop/start duty?
He told me they were a bigger better upgrade for ls's, and bolt on.

However RockAuto still has 1.4 KW and 1.7 KW options.

So I'm not sure, I didn't actually look at part numbers because I literally just bought one and don't plan to buy another one for another 180,000 lol

But considering the LT engines are higher compression which obviously takes more power to turn over, and I suppose if some of them have start/stop they might be a little more robust.

RooTBeeRthe1st

Full Access Member
Reaction score

My 3" kings unfortunately had a similar issue, and I haven't yet corrected it despite them only being tens of miles away(Garden Grove).

I basically have zero droop, it was like a 3 in lift in the front with them lowered all the way down.
Which unfortunately also has meant that my front axles have actually been rubbing through the aluminum on the lower part of the coilovers for all these miles.
I need to get shorter springs eventually.
I have family out near Stoddard Wells so we spend the majority of our time out there roaming around and taking the kids rock hounding. We've also explored a few trails in the mountains. I always recommend Burns Canyon. Mellow trail that transitions from mountain to desert, whole family loved it.

Other than that I always try to find something for us to explore on the TrailsOffroad app when we are on vacation or on day trips. Last year we had the opportunity to see some beautiful trails in Arizona.
Haven't been out to Stoddard in a long time!
Need to make a trip over to slash x for some chili cheese fries and cold drinks.

We usually go up off of 395 near Randsburg, was supposed to go out the 20th last month and had other priorities, next trip is Thanksgiving.

Your mountain and desert Trail has me intrigued though! I have to look that one up now and make some plans.
Nice choice! I did similar, except that it was supposed to look like granite or marble, but in a vehicle, it ended up just looking like black and white camo.
Although I just had the basic silver trim rather than the wood, but the wood is hideous to me

Attachments

• IMG_20210112_213132834.jpg
    IMG_20210112_213132834.jpg
    420.2 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_20210420_194742474.jpg
    IMG_20210420_194742474.jpg
    328.5 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_20210922_145031572_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20210922_145031572_HDR.jpg
    371.5 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_20201101_163134488_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20201101_163134488_HDR.jpg