What did you do to your NNBS GMT900 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
yep, that's the uv coat. you'd probably need get thru that with some wet sanding, and then mix and wipe on that 2 part mix. since you're not yellow, the spray wouldn't do much for you.

the spray is wild stuff I messed with it a bit. I feel like I could damage stuff with it haha.
When I've restored completely yellow/hazy headlights I start out by dry sanding with a custom flexible pad that goes on a palm sander. Depending on how bad the headlight is determines the grit of sandpaper I start with. I then go to a finer grit paper until I hit 2000 grit. I then buff with plastic polish, using a buffer with custom 10" wool pad. The final step would be to mix the 2 part uv protector, then applying with a lintless cloth. I applied just the uv protector to my then new headlights. IMAG0755_416582734887229.jpgIMAG0761_416583249964051.jpgIMAG0891_416639122610541.jpg
Ti's was back 5-6 years ago. They're now just starting to get a very little hazy on the tops of the lights.
EDIT--I just checked when I did the lights originally, and it was back in 2016--8 years ago! I'm in NJ, so southern states might not last as long as mine did.

Charlie207

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Spent the morning thinking I'd be able to swap out the front differential, but the two nuts on the driver's side just free-spin, and I can't get a wrench on the top of the bolts to hold them in place while the daka-daka does it's thing. Might have to wait until I pull the engie for the swap to access those two dumb bolts-heads.

Was absolutely covered with Fluid Film, so at least it's nice to know that it holds tight to the frame.

Just Fishing

Can't fix stupid
Reaction score
Checked the front brakes.
Changed the transmission cooler line filter.
Attempted to burp the cooling system

Hot days, the tahoe keeps spilling it's coolant on the ground since i changed the overflow bottle.
Seems i have a stubborn air bubble in the cooling system that won't go away.

So i ordered a vacuum tool to help.

Just Fishing

Can't fix stupid
Reaction score
And this is the tool i bought.
OEMTOOLS 24444 Coolant System Refiller Kit, 5 Adapters, Eliminate Trapped Air, Test Radiator and Heating Core Lines for Leaks, Vacuum Fill Coolant Tool, Vacuum Leak Tester, Multi https://a.co/d/6MK0ich

Is it right? No clue!

I like the oem stuff usually, and the bright colored case means i have a better chance of finding it later.
Probably years from now if i ever need it again.
:yaoface2:

Biggest selling item, next day/morning delivery.
It just arrived!

Just Fishing

Can't fix stupid
Reaction score
The tahoe is also about to take that big boat up a long canyon road, and then back down into a valley.
Hence the urgency!

Silly me decided i better swap out that Coolant recovery tank before the trip, and of course it introduced issues...
:rolleyes:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
StokieDood