What did you do to your NNBS GMT900 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

justchecking

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
So, this was odd and has never happened before....

I took the yukon to go get gas. I also needed lawn mower gas so I put the 5 gallon can in the cargo area. I litterally got about 4 houses away and my DIC dinged saying rear cargo door not secure or something and the door locks unlocked then locked. I stopped at the end of the road and everything looked fine.

I was thinking maybe the liftgate didn't fully latch when I put the gas can in. The Husky cargo liner lip sticks up a bit and maybe along with the gas can blocked it a bit or something.

The thing I thought was odd was the door locks unlocking/locking

Anyone ever have this happen?
That was one of my symptoms when I had bad grounds under the vehicle. Spent probably a half hour under the vehicle finding and cleaning the grounds and that solved it.

Reaction score
They were fairly cheap on Amazon so we’ll see how long they last. Fit was fine. Seals all looked good.
Keep them waxed. Get a wax that has UV blockers/protection and wax them ever couple months to help keep the clear coat from wearing off.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So, this was odd and has never happened before....

I took the yukon to go get gas. I also needed lawn mower gas so I put the 5 gallon can in the cargo area. I litterally got about 4 houses away and my DIC dinged saying rear cargo door not secure or something and the door locks unlocked then locked. I stopped at the end of the road and everything looked fine.

I was thinking maybe the liftgate didn't fully latch when I put the gas can in. The Husky cargo liner lip sticks up a bit and maybe along with the gas can blocked it a bit or something.

The thing I thought was odd was the door locks unlocking/locking

Anyone ever have this happen?
Battery low on juice?

Mine's been throwing codes as she's been sitting or making short runs to the store. I know the battery ought to be put on the tender but man is hot and humid out there. Maybe tonight! LOL

Reaction score
Battery low on juice?

Mine's been throwing codes as she's been sitting or making short runs to the store. I know the battery ought to be put on the tender but man is hot and humid out there. Maybe tonight! LOL
Shouldn't be a low battery. Just replaced it less than a year ago.

My alarm (horn honking) just went off about 10 mins ago while it was just sitting in the driveway. Haven't driven it at all today. I looked at my security cameras and I saw nothing, 4 legged or 2 legged that could've set it off. But at the same time I could hear another milt-sound type of car alarm going off a few houses down across the road.

What would cause the factory alarm to sound, the door opening? Ignition starting without chipped key? Shock/glass breaking?

Reaction score
Update...

Went out and started yukon and the "Rear door unsecured" or whatever message was on the DIC. I opened the liftgate with the button on the overhead and went back to make sure the Husky mat wasn't blocking anything then closed it with the button on the liftgate. Message went away. I then went back and opened the glass and the same message displayed on the DIC. Closed glass and message went away.

So, is the sensor built into the latch? If so, how do I tell which latch, the liftgate or glass, may be going bad? Would the Tech2 help with this in any way?

mikez71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What would cause the factory alarm to sound, the door opening? Ignition starting without chipped key? Shock/glass breaking?
If you have the factory tilt sensor, and it's still mounted on the lower airduct, there is a TSB about relocating it..

pit5209a.png

Mine used to go off all the time, I just removed it instead.
Opening it, there is a metal dome on a circuit board about the size of a half dollar with liquid inside.

IMG_0138.jpeg

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
themagichat16