What did you do to your NNBS GMT900 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
if anyone is in the market for a new heated steering wheel (ebony) one popped up on ebay, these have been out of stock/sold out for some time.
if they request a vin you can use mine CR189350
if you are upgrading then you will need the correct clockspring to make it work

Grady_Wilson

Supporting Member
Reaction score
That seems like a good deal considering they are hard to come by.
Mine has the faux wood trim but I wouldn't mind all leather.

I just hate that these things always seem to pop up when I need to not be adding to my parts piles. :(

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I just hate that these things always seem to pop up when I need to not be adding to my parts piles. :(
there was a new wood trim one listed a couple weeks ago which is even more rare but also priced higher I think they listed it for like $400+ somewhere around there, probably still on there. I have a new ebony one still sitting here to put on someday, my wood trim was coming off tried a couple fixes and it kept coming off so I used gorilla glue and it's been fine for a couple years+ now

Reaction score
there was a new wood trim one listed a couple weeks ago which is even more rare but also priced higher I think they listed it for like $400+ somewhere around there, probably still on there. I have a new ebony one still sitting here to put on someday, my wood trim was coming off tried a couple fixes and it kept coming off so I used gorilla glue and it's been fine for a couple years+ now
When was it, about 5 or 6 years ago when a few of us got some of the last ones available in ebony from like GMPartsGiant.com or something? They were like $189 or something. It was one of the best "upgrades" I've done. A bit thicker feeling and when using the heater the entire thing gets warm and not just the backside

j91z28d1

Full Access Member
Reaction score

j91z28d1

Full Access Member
Reaction score

same. I have the fake wood ring and it's a bit annoying. I don't have heated but my wife loves heated wheels in rentals so she'd love it. it's pricey and tons of other projects that need done

Writefast

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Today I replaced a driver’s side back door lock actuator, a passenger side back door window motor. Ordered a driver’s door lock actuator, which failed while replacing the one on the back door. lol. Also ordered new visors, which are finally failing.

Reaction score
I totally forgot to ask about the switch backs.

how do they work and do they add any light when white is on?
I used the Morimoto 3157 XB resistor free bulbs. They have little fans on the front of them, lol. They are brighter than the OE yellow turn bulbs.

When driving at night they're white but then switch to yellow with the turn signal. When the signal is on, I do see the reflecting yellow flashing on street signs and vehicles in front of me, even on the over the road highway signs. I may be also just the reflector that surrounds the turn bulb and I'm just not used to it.

I used to have my foglights come on when headlights are on, but I disabled that after installing these headlights and just use them manually if needed. The white switchback signal bulb seems to add a bit more light down lower in front like the fogs did, and when I turn the fogs on now I really don't notice much in front of me but more to the sides. I use LED bulbs in the fogs also.

Time will tell how long these XB switchbacks last. They were like $60 and have a 2 year warranty.

I'll try to get some night video while driving and using the turn signals in the next couple days.

mikez71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A bit thicker feeling and when using the heater the entire thing gets warm and not just the backside

Thats what she said!

but seriously i take it you mean any full leather wheel vs. wood inserts? Thicker def sounds better..

if you break down what you pay for nicer leather, fresh buttons, fresh side panels, fresh stitching, leather smell, umm fresh screws? ..the price is less bad.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ericbower11

Latest posts