What did you do to your NNBS GMT900 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Charlie207

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I thought about doing the black grills, but with the dark headlights it might look too dark on the front. I still have hints of chrome on the vehicle, but mostly just the horizontal strips (roof rack, door handles, protection panels, running boards) and with the dark headlights the chrome grills look OK.

A dark grill on mine may look OK if I get a chrome GMC emblem instead of the black one I currently have. That may look good on an entire dark front end.

View attachment 434493
I just can't stand chrome on my cars.

Reaction score
I just can't stand chrome on my cars.
I hate chrome wheels and was ecstatic when I got different ones. The rest of the stuff on the sides of mine are thin and not worth the time or money to change it.

The grill on the other hand is huge and the chrome finish is flaking off the lower grill. I'd paint them but with my luck it'd start fading or peeling in a year or so and look shittier then the OE chrome, lol

Writefast

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I thought about doing the black grills, but with the dark headlights it might look too dark on the front. I still have hints of chrome on the vehicle, but mostly just the horizontal strips (roof rack, door handles, protection panels, running boards) and with the dark headlights the chrome grills look OK.

A dark grill on mine may look OK if I get a chrome GMC emblem instead of the black one I currently have. That may look good on an entire dark front end.

View attachment 434493
Gotta say I really like that look. Those smoked headlights and the fact that they’re the sierra style I think really ties it all together. Looks sharp.

j91z28d1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the chrome is not doing great on mine anyways. I'm temped to paint at least the lower and see how it looks.

j91z28d1

Full Access Member
Reaction score

View attachment 434493

I didn't think about that. you're right with the lights.

I'm pretty anti chrome and was going to black out all the side stuff when I got it. but I got lazy and it doesn't bother me much anymore.

I do dislike chrome wheels, except on blue cars for some reason.

Just Fishing

Can't fix stupid
Reaction score
How's the boat running?

Pretty good!
the cheap amazon prop has been serving me well, and I got a nice boost in power after giving the engine the full 8 degrees of timing vs the 6.

I have already gone through a solid 50+ gallons of fuel, I'm about to top it off again for this next weekend's outing.
:yaoface2:

Still little issues to deal with, but for now I'm choosing to enjoy the boat.
later I can deal with the other "30-year-old boat" issues.

Raptor Tahoe

Reaction score
the chrome is not doing great on mine anyways. I'm temped to paint at least the lower and see how it looks.
You might want to try an adhesion promoter on the chrome or metal and then hit it with some Raptor paint. I did this on anything shiny and repainted everything on my 07 Tahoe and it has held fast. Here is the product link… https://u-pol.com/en-us/brands/raptor/

IMG_8452.jpeg

j91z28d1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think he means like mine, the chrome is loose and will flake off eventually. looking every worse.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lacebm2