What did you do to your NNBS GMT900 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mikez71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Replaced my original swaybar bushings with the fabric lined moog.. They still squeek by hand!
I'm wondering if that's even the squeek I hear in the wintertime..

Unfortunately when I hogged out the broken bolt, I hit the threads so I had to throw a nut behind there :(
Ended up with a 17mm hex, you can reach an open end wrench on it and thats about it.

Makes compressing the bushing more difficult, but I got lucky and had enough threads left to draw the bolt up and through where I could attach the nut to finish compressing the bushing.

Can thru-holes get helicoiled? I might try that if i ever get back in there..

Last edited:

Charlie207

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Replaced my original swaybar bushings with the fabric lined moog.. They still squeek by hand!

Unfortunately when I hogged out the broken bolt, I hit the threads so I had to throw a nut behind there :(
Ended up with a 17mm hex, you can reach an open end wrench on it and thats about it.

Makes compressing the bushing more difficult, but I got lucky and had enough threads left to draw the bolt up and through where I could attach the nut to finish compressing the bushing.

The c-clamps for the bushings are cheap enough I'd order a couple, then drill/tap the next side up, so you can still use a bolt-only.

I also had a sway-bar bolt break off in the frame, and it was nightmare trying to drill out the old bolt without damaging the threads. Of coarse the threads were damaged, but still intact enough to run a home-made tap up through them to be able to utilize the existing hardware.

I love NH, but really miss living in CA with its zero humidity or road salt. Everything is 10x harder with New England vehicles.

89Suburban

Bull in the china shop
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Mine drilled off center right trough the captured nut.

Reaction score

I'd just riv-nut or nut-sert that hole.

Just Fishing

Can't fix stupid
Reaction score
I had the wife take the Tahoe to the dealership for its yearly emissions.
prior tire shop I always go to failed it as "tampered" since I had an oil catch can and a second upstream o2 sensor for my wideband gauge.
They told me I had to go to the county and were really rude about the whole "Tampered" ********.
Said my tahoe was now flagged and only they could release it. :whymewhyme:

Whatever, I tossed a new Y pipe w/o a sensor bung and pulled the catch can setup.
No issues whatsoever with the other shop/dealer.
Maybe they just confirmed my "mods" are gone? IDNK, but it's done, and I didn't have to deal with the fkn county w/horrible google reviews!!

Catch can is going back on asap, but I'm probably doing a quick disconnect setup for next year, or I'll hide/blend it in better. :hmm:

Grady_Wilson

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I had the wife take the Tahoe to the dealership for its yearly emissions.
prior tire shop I always go to failed it as "tampered" since I had an oil catch can and a second upstream o2 sensor for my wideband gauge.
They told me I had to go to the county and were really rude about the whole "Tampered" ********.
Said my tahoe was now flagged and only they could release it. :whymewhyme:

Whatever, I tossed a new Y pipe w/o a sensor bung and pulled the catch can setup.
No issues whatsoever with the other shop/dealer.
Maybe they just confirmed my "mods" are gone? IDNK, but it's done, and I didn't have to deal with the fkn county w/horrible google reviews!!

Catch can is going back on asap, but I'm probably doing a quick disconnect setup for next year, or I'll hide/blend it in better. :hmm:
I need to order a catch can.
Which one do you have and would you recommend a different one?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dustin Road