What did you do to your NNBS GMT900 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Just Fishing

Can't fix stupid
Reaction score
And the catch can has been reinstalled!

I noticed some codes showing up after getting it inspected.
One was c0900 i believe.

Internet says it's usually a bad battery connection, weak battery, alternator, or the 75 amp mega fuse on the firewall.

I have a new battery, so I'm going with the mega fuse.

I also started hearing some sort of bearing noise coming from under the hood, so it's possible it's the alternator starting to go.

Everything else is brand new except the alt and the power steering pump!

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
scariest one was getting pushed a mile down the highway by a semi, 2nd was I had "technically" parked in a red zone but it wasn't painted, opened my drivers door as a city bus was passing by and it hit my door forcing it forward completely to the front drivers fender, if I had stepped one foot out I would have been tootsie rolled between the bus and my door.
rolled my 4runner at almost 100mph, played pinball on a overpass with my 99 silverado
I have had a few accidents.... but almost all not my fault
someone has another purpose for me I guess otherwise I wouldn't be here.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
if you ever see a impeding accident coming all I can advise is "hang-on" cause there usually isn't much else you can do, if you can steer out of it or even accelerate out of it go for it.
usually it happens so fast though there is no time

89Suburban

Bull in the china shop
Supporting Member
Reaction score
scariest one was getting pushed a mile down the highway by a semi, 2nd was I had "technically" parked in a red zone but it wasn't painted, opened my drivers door as a city bus was passing by and it hit my door forcing it forward completely to the front drivers fender, if I had stepped one foot out I would have been tootsie rolled between the bus and my door.
rolled my 4runner at almost 100mph, played pinball on a overpass with my 99 silverado
I have had a few accidents.... but almost all not my fault
someone has another purpose for me I guess otherwise I wouldn't be here.

About 20 years ago when I was driving semi I was on a local city street stopped at a stop sign at the top of a hill. Next block leveled out to the next light. I'm fully loaded. Might be able to barely hit the 25 speed limit until having to slow down for the next light. I felt a bump from the rear of the truck and checked my mirror to see a p/u truck with it's door ripped off.

I put on my 4 ways and stopped. Walked back. It was an F-150 in a parking space. Guy was totally freaked out. He said I was speeding and it sucked his door open when my trailer tandems came by and ripped it off. I said I can barely hit the speed limit no way was I speeding. And lets say I was, why is your door unlatched? Of course it could be sucked open.

He took us to court and lost. Judge made an ass out of him using a side door for a demonstration in the court room.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
About 20 years ago when I was driving semi I was on a local city street stopped at a stop sign at the top of a hill. Next block leveled out to the next light. I'm fully loaded. Might be able to barely hit the 25 speed limit until having to slow down for the next light. I felt a bump from the rear of the truck and checked my mirror to see a p/u truck with it's door ripped off.

I put on my 4 ways and stopped. Walked back. It was an F-150 in a parking space. Guy was totally freaked out. He said I was speeding and it sucked his door open when my trailer tandems came by and ripped it off. I said I can barely hit the speed limit no way was I speeding. And lets say I was, why is your door unlatched? Of course it could be sucked open.

He took us to court and lost. Judge made an ass out of him using a side door for a demonstration in the court room.
previous to the bus thing I normally would look first and for whatever reason didn't that time but sure as hell do every time now, the place where I had parked was supposed to be painted red because the street wasn't very wide but the paint had been completely worn off. Most of the time it's bicyclist that are coming by so close and not paying attention. I used to ride a lot and it just takes a couple brain cells to know if a car just pulled over in front of you then someone is probably going to be getting out so... move over if possible or else watch out.

Grady_Wilson

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Man, you guys have been in some serious wrecks.
In a personal vehicle, I have only had one accident.
Someone left turned me and I could not slow down in time to not hit them.
Air bags did not deploy so I wasn't going that fast when we collided.
It was 100 percent their fault and their insurance put my car back together.

When I worked highway construction / maintenance I had vehicles hit while they were parked, and I was sideswiped once while in motion.
The driver took off but we had his plate so CHP went to pay him a visit.

Now that I live in snow country that might change, but I hope not.

Last edited:

Just Fishing

Can't fix stupid
Reaction score
I have been pretty lucky for the most part, usually I'm pretty quick and can avoid wrecks.
But the non-English speaking Mexican that slammed into My Jeep did a full send U turn w/o checking first.
I had 0 time to react, just suddenly there he was, and I still remember seeing his face when he realized his Tacoma wasn't turning.
Full tunnel vision, he turned and looked super surprised to see a Jeep there.

I still can't believe they did that much damage to both the Jeep and their vehicle.
Neighbor said he does that daily, never looks and does a full pedal to the metal full throttle U turn.
Lots of close calls, but I was his first victim.

While it was nice to have them pretty much pay the Jeep off, I would have rather had the Jeep running at 100% the entire time.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have been pretty lucky for the most part, usually I'm pretty quick and can avoid wrecks.
But the non-English speaking Mexican that slammed into My Jeep did a full send U turn w/o checking first.
I had 0 time to react, just suddenly there he was, and I still remember seeing his face when he realized his Tacoma wasn't turning.
Full tunnel vision, he turned and looked super surprised to see a Jeep there.

I still can't believe they did that much damage to both the Jeep and their vehicle.
Neighbor said he does that daily, never looks and does a full pedal to the metal full throttle U turn.
Lots of close calls, but I was his first victim.

While it was nice to have them pretty much pay the Jeep off, I would have rather had the Jeep running at 100% the entire time.
there is a "turban" wearing guy that pulls that shit from time to time at the entrance to the post office that I go to daily, he drives some nissan hatchback pulls in the drive and immediately flips a b*tch without looking I have stood on the horn at him several times, cussed, yelled, gave the finger, guy has no freaking clue just a matter of time till a collision happens

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HUWILLMS