What did you do to your NNBS GMT900 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mikez71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Oh man, I HATE seeing all that grass. This summer it was 105+ for a week or more..
My old neighbor calls and says, some grass looks a little tall. I say don't worry, I'll go cut it now..

Most of it was cut before, but there were a few patches of grass..almost done, the mower stops.. I look down, grass on the mowing deck is on fire!
I get off and start stomping it out, it's already spreading around the mower! I run 100yards back to the house, grab 2x 5 gallon jugs of water that were leftover from newyears celebrations, call my neighbor and tell him to get water and meet me. Run back to the mower now engulfed and start splattering water out, then I wet my shirt and start smothering it.. It's hot! I got 90+% done and ran out of water! Ran back to the house and called 911. Neighbor never showed up. Spread over most of the back yard. Firefighters came and saved my ass! All that time.. I forgot I had some old fire extinguishers in the garage..
IMG_0102.jpeg
mower still back there, wiring all burnt up.. Moral of the story: ignore your old neighbors. (and dont cut your tall grass when its 100+ I suppose...:p )
Not my property, so my mowing days are over!

Front yard gets muddy too, I ended up getting some crushed rock. Beats mud, and reminds me of the junkyard..

Last edited:

Grady_Wilson

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Directly off the battery with that 4awg wire.

Yes it's an 0 gauge wire. It's in the picture there, but I'm planning on redoing my power terminal as well since that little 10mm bolt doesn't inspire confidence. I just have to plan out everything since there's 3 or 4 connections I have to make and 3 of them have to be fused. I hope that'll fix it, or it might be too late for this battery and I have to get an XS or something higher powered.

I can pull up on my window switches with the windows up and my headlights don't dim anymore so I know under the hood is rock solid.

I just think the amp pulls more power than it puts out and it pisses me off :)
Sounds like you need a huge cap to keep your lights from dimming during the amp surges.
That was pretty much standard with big amps about 20 years ago.

89Suburban

Bull in the china shop
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Oh man, I HATE seeing all that grass. This summer it was 105+ for a week or more..
My old neighbor calls and says, some grass looks a little tall. I say don't worry, I'll go cut it now..

Most of it was cut before, but there were a few patches of grass..almost done, the mower stops.. I look down, grass on the mowing deck is on fire!
I get off and start stomping it out, it's already spreading around the mower! I run 100yards back to the house, grab 2x 5 gallon jugs of water that were leftover from newyears celebrations, call my neighbor and tell him to get water and meet me. Run back to the mower now engulfed and start splattering water out, then I wet my shirt and start smothering it.. It's hot! I got 90+% done and ran out of water! Ran back to the house and called 911. Neighbor never showed up. Spread over most of the back yard. Firefighters came and saved my ass! All that time.. I forgot I had some old fire extinguishers in the garage..
View attachment 440742
mower still back there, wiring all burnt up.. Moral of the story: ignore your old neighbors. (and dont cut your tall grass when its 100+ I suppose...:p )
Not my property, so my mowing days are over!

Front yard is muddy too, I ended up getting some crushed rock. Beats mud, and reminds me of the junkyard..
Damn bro

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
the burbalac