What did you do to your NNBS GMT900 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Grady_Wilson

Supporting Member
Reaction score

IIRC, there are two outlets (front sprayer & rear sprayer) on the tank that gets brittle with age & heat.

The whole washer reservoir is a design failure, especially how you can't pour too fast into the opening or else fluid splashes out everywhere.

On every other car I've owned, you could tip the entire gallon jug into the opening, then pop a hole in the bottom of the fluid jug to speed-feed the fluid into the reservoir.

Can't do that with ours!

the pumps have a tendency to crack (and then leak) more than the tank
but.. i guess if the tank is completely empty that's a giveaway, otherwise if the level is even with one of the pumps the one above the level is the leaker

According to Alldata, the rear pump is mounted higher in the tank than the windshield pump.
I tried to activate the rear the other day after it had rained and the rear glass was all nasty and nothing came out.
I figured it was a hose issue but then I got the Low Fluid warning and now the front is dead, too. :(

Charlie207

Full Access Member
Reaction score
According to Alldata, the rear pump is mounted higher in the tank than the windshield pump.
I tried to activate the rear the other day after it had rained and the rear glass was all nasty and nothing came out.
I figured it was a hose issue but then I got the Low Fluid warning and now the front is dead, too. :(

There's a lot of hose from the front tank to the rear wiper, and if there's a leak somewhere you may have to repressurize the entire line back to the truck, which can take a while.

Either way, good luck on fixing the squirting issue.

89Suburban

Bull in the china shop
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well gents I am being cautiously optimistic that I finally solved this damned wet front carpet issue. On Saturday I did a full perimeter of sealant on the shark fin. Ran it through the car wash Sunday night. I checked the floor today and it is not as wet as it usually is. Still needs to dry out but I think I have it nipped.

Grady_Wilson

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Rear wiper update, put a little bit of water in the tank and tried the rear washer, fluid was coming out from under the driver side rear bumper area.
Took my mom on a few errands and noticed when I was parked on an uphill incline, there was a lot of water under the rear.
Crawled under real quick but didn't see anything obvious.
Going to have a look after I pick up my daughter.
There could be an entire piece of hose missing but I don't know what it is supposed to look like under there.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Rear wiper update, put a little bit of water in the tank and tried the rear washer, fluid was coming out from under the driver side rear bumper area.
Took my mom on a few errands and noticed when I was parked on an uphill incline, there was a lot of water under the rear.
There could be an entire piece of hose missing but I don't know what it is supposed to look like under there.
I believe the line goes from there up into the body and roof thru the hole where the wire harness is and into the rear hatch.
you'll have to find the line on the frame going to the rear
easiest way is probably get under there with a flashlight and have someone hit the rear washer button and watch where it leaks at.

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
Had a similar situation with my 03. The hose connection came undone. Just plugged the 2 hoses back together and no more leak.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PPV_2018